Author Topic: WLI2-PCI-G54S and 64-bit Windows 7 working solution  (Read 4432 times)

Buffylo

• Calf
WLI2-PCI-G54S and 64-bit Windows 7 working solution
« on: June 25, 2013, 02:24:54 AM »

Hi!

I just wanted to post this to perhaps help someone else who has same problems as I.

I have 64 bit Windows 7 and took the wireless LAN adapter WLI2-PCI-G54S from my old PC that had Windows XP.

The buffalo driver doesn't work in my Windows 7 but the driver for "Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter" seems to be working.

BUT, even with the broadcom driver installed I could sometimes lose the connection to my router if the router was restarted.

Today it got lost again but my phone and other PC could find the WLAN and connect.

So I figured that during the router restart there had been some change in the wlan settings.

The router was set to automatically choose the bandwith/channel and it seems like channel 13 was not okay for everything in my setup.

I set the channel to 1 and voila the connection could be established again.

So if you want to use WLI2-PCI-G54S adapter with a 64-bit Windows 7 OS just install the Broadcom 802.11g driver and if that doesn't help try to choose another channel from your router.