Author Topic: LinkStation Duo -- Red LED steady from power on  (Read 4228 times)

Buf666

• Calf
LinkStation Duo -- Red LED steady from power on
« on: August 16, 2011, 11:05:36 AM »
Brand new LinkStation Duo, installed two HDDs, plugged in power, switch to "On", waited for the blue LED to stop blinking. The red LED is on and stays on. Pushed "Function" button, nothing changed. Pushed Function button again, nothing changed. Powered off, reseated HDDs, plugged in power, same. Does this mean there is no firmware update needed, or does it mean the function button doesn't function?

Buf666

• Calf
Re: LinkStation Duo -- Red LED steady from power on
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 09:30:25 PM »
The red LED is not flashing. The title tells it :)))))) "steady from power on" The two drives work perfectly in a separate case. The two drives are also brand new, never had any file added to them other than formatted NTFS. The model is LS-WXL/E-AP. Where will I see this error code "E06"?

Buf666

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 06:32:08 PM »
They were new and unformatted, no partitions at first. After they failed to get any response other than an unblinking red LED from the LinkStation, I decided to test the drives in another case. That is when I formatted them NTFS, just to see if that would help. They started out with unblinking red LED before formatting. I think I have to give up. This product is defective, but you don't know what is the problem with it.

Buf666

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 06:28:36 AM »
I deleted the partition. No partition remains. None. I Installed one HDD only. It still has a steady, unblinking red LED.