Author Topic: Connectling Linkstation HD-H160LAN to Apple Imac  (Read 4221 times)

selroc

• Calf
Connectling Linkstation HD-H160LAN to Apple Imac
« on: October 14, 2009, 03:20:32 PM »

Hi there,

I have an older Linkstation (HD-H160LAN) purchased in 2006 that was hooked up to my windows XP based laptop.  In 07, I got a Gen2 Intel based Imac and never tried to hook up the Linkstation to it.  My pc laptop has recently died and I only have the Imac for a computer now.  I am now just realizing that the Buffalo install CD is only for Windows and after pugging in the Linkstation, my Mac does not recognize it.   Searching the support pages was of little help as I don't think there is any Apple support for these LinkStations.  Any advice?  Thanks in advance.  :)

joe42

• Calf
Re: Connectling Linkstation HD-H160LAN to Apple Imac
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 05:28:13 PM »

As long as the linkstation is effectively on the network, any operating system will connect to it. First thing I'd do is grab a mac version of the nas navigator, available on our downloads page. Running that should at least give you the unit's IP address. From there, it should allow you to access the shares or the web interface. Otherwise, depending on your version of mac, there are different ways to connect to it manually.

selroc

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 05:37:07 PM »

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the reply.  I downloaded NAS Nav2 for Mac and did a scan.  It came up with nothing.  The linkstation is directly connected to the back of the Imac (Tiger 10.4.11) using the ethernet connection.  

selroc

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 09:56:24 AM »

bump

selroc

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 01:01:53 PM »

There has to be a work around for this!  Anyone?

selroc

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 11:11:36 PM »

bump

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 04:41:23 AM »

You might need to do a firmware update but as you stated you have a Mac so that cant be done.  You can only update on a PC.

You said that its directly connected via ethernet cable.  You should really put this unit on your network and see if it shows up or not.