Author Topic: HD-H0.6TGL/R5 Flash ROM Error  (Read 4210 times)

egyptian

• Calf
HD-H0.6TGL/R5 Flash ROM Error
« on: March 19, 2009, 04:48:25 PM »

My older TeraStation was giving me errors a few weeks ago (see http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0101&message.id=5567#M5567 ). I thought I had gotten it fixed, and I put it back in place, and it has worked flawlessly, until today.

It's now flashing the diag light 5 times. This is a Flash ROM Error, according to this page:

http://www.buffalotech.com/knowledgebase/users/kb.php?id=10188&category_id=0&sid2=

The unit is severely out of warranty, so RMA probably isn't an option (unless they'll RMA 6 year old hardware). Am I just hosed? Is there any way to get this old beast running again?

Before anybody suggests it, I've already flashed the firmware to the latest version using the instructions here (see origonal post):

http://forums.buffalotech.com/buffalo/board/message?board.id=0101&message.id=277&query.id=21935#M277

So unless re-flashing the firmware to the version currently on the device would help, that's not going to do me any good.

egyptian

• Calf
Re: HD-H0.6TGL/R5 Flash ROM Error
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 11:50:52 AM »

bump from page 3

Anybody?

Jag

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 01:19:42 PM »

Hello:

I am not sure if the issue has been resolved.  I ran into similar problem on HD-H1.0TGL/R5.  Unfortunately, Buffalo tech support was very bad and throw the towel saying it is our of warranty and left me on my own to deal with.  After strugling for 2 days we made it work.  Here is what we did:

Bought another HD-H0.6TGL/R5 on Craiglist and replaced the mother board.  The problem did not go away.  The DIAG displayed blinking 5 red lights.  Then we noticed that the fan was not running on the old unit.  We did replace the power supply and the problem solved.  My guess, if power supply is defective, then the error display on DIAG is similar to "Flash ROM Error".  Please check and see if the fan is working to confirm check the power supply.  

philipp

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 10:58:07 AM »

I had the same issue with my old Terastation and the above post helped. The diagonostic light was blinking 5 times, so I called BuffaloTech and they told me I needed a new motherboard. I even asked specifically about whether or not it could be the power source given the fan wasn't working (based on the above post) and I was told no - "its a smart fan". The tech told me to find an old Terastation and put my drives in it. I decided to first try another power source from an old computer and the Terastation worked fine. It wasn't the motherboard at all.

I ordered a replacement power source from Newegg.com, the Seasonic ECO-300, which is the replacement for the original Seasonic SS-200SFD. I just finished installing the replacement power source - it fit like a charm and I am back up and running for $43 + shipping. 

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 05:41:57 PM »
All that we SUPPORT doing is the force firmware update with "rebuild partition table" checked.  Unfortunately if the unit is not in warranty that is all we can do.