Author Topic: TS-X8.0TL/R5 Active Directory integration Zero's out.  (Read 1475 times)

Nexlux

• Calf
TS-X8.0TL/R5 Active Directory integration Zero's out.
« on: August 24, 2011, 10:25:26 AM »

Model - TS-X8.0TL/R5  - Firmware 1.54

Small Business Flat Network, Computers are XP and Windows 7 Clients

We have had this Buffalo Server for a few months now, it has been production file server for two.

It's linked to Active Directory, but it fails out every once in awhile - NO rhyme or reason, twice in a day, once in a week, once in the first month, randomly. Beginning of the day, End of the night, no patterns in occurence.

The users and groups that exist in my Windows Server 2008 disappear from my web interface of the terastation. Maybe the Terastation either isn't pulling the users or the Windows Server isnt pushing them, I'm not sure exactly where my problem is. My Windows Server 2008 does not shut down, log off or otherwise create any reason for alarm during these "Shortages" of user and group Active Directory information. No error or logs other than an error that indicates the file system it's trying to access is down (\\servername\blahblah is not online pretty much).

The only place I can see a symptom of the problem (Ultimately being Users not being able to access files hosted on the Terastation file server) is within the terastation itself having no users or groups that it normally does upon normal function.

Within the desktop icon that is created upon installation of NAS NAVIGATOR 2 I can usually browse my shares easily from my desktop. Now I get access denied for each one, as do my users.

Please let me know if you need more information or have other ideas for troubleshooting - I cannot find any log files, I cannot find any error message..... I just have to continously restart both machines until they work. It takes 2-10 restarts for the folders to come back online, and even then I'm not sure if that's the thing that's making it magically work again.

Nexlux

• Calf
Re: TS-X8.0TL/R5 Active Directory integration Zero's out.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 11:04:53 AM »

Shameless self-bump

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 11:18:49 AM »

Is the time on the unit within 5 minutes of the domain controller? Are you still able to access the web interface when it "goes down"?

Nexlux

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 01:10:49 PM »

Yes I can access the web interface - The issue is the users and groups not being viewable/functioning within the Terastation. No users loading from active directory means no permissions, no permissions means no shares for my users.

I always check the time whenever it "goes down". I always have it manual, but when I click to "Recalibrate" or Reset the time to manual Local time it's only a few seconds off. 20-30 at most. So the time is off but not more than a minute.

Thanks for the reply,

Jake