Author Topic: TS-X4.0TL/R5 - TeraStation III  (Read 1976 times)

imani89

• Calf
TS-X4.0TL/R5 - TeraStation III
« on: December 27, 2010, 10:25:51 AM »

From what I have gathered, quite a few people have had this issue---

I cannot map it to a network drive.

I can view it with the TeraStation Client Utility, I can ping it, I can access the settings through a web browser....

I have updated the firmware, turned of the firewall, gave up and tried a serial-USB adapter, etc...

Every time I think I have it, I get a new error.

My OS: Windows XP 2002 w/ Service Pack 3

I have tried every suggestion I have found.

Sorry so vague, in a hurry.

sethz

• El Toro
Re: TS-X4.0TL/R5 - TeraStation III
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 10:26:55 AM »

-Go to Start-->Run (or hold the Windows Key and press "R" for Vista/7) this should bring up a run line

-type \\ipaddress using the actual ipaddress (usually begins with a 192)

-Right click on the folder "Share"

-Choose "Map Network Drive" and follow the steps to make the drive appear as another drive letter in "My Computer"

imani89

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 10:55:45 AM »

When I try the "Run, \\IP _ADDRESS, right-click "share" approach, I get the error "The specified network name is no longer available".

MilesGibson

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 01:09:29 PM »

I have had nothing but trouble with my TeraStation III 8TB unit.  Unlike my old TeraStation II (which works flawlessly, just slow), this model is fraught with issues.  I turned the sleep mode off via the little switch in the back of the unit.  The unit stays "alive" for a few precious minutes, during which time I can access the web interface.  The shares are also available.  Then the thing goes to sleep, sort of.  I can still ping the unit's two ip addresses, and get a positive response.  However, the shares and the web interface are no longer available.  The only way to get it back online is to press and hold the power button, which recycles the unit.  It is however not good enough to only have access to it for 5-10 minutes.

Short of throwing the unit out the window and thereby losing my entire investment, I don't know what to do next.  Ideas anyone???

TIA,

Miles

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 02:29:59 PM »

you mentioned two IP addresses. Do you have a level 3 switch that allows port trunking? If not, you should be using Port 1 only for the ethernet or expect some unusual issues.