Author Topic: Mini Basics: iTunes Server, Web Access...  (Read 2381 times)

orbojeff

• Calf
Mini Basics: iTunes Server, Web Access...
« on: January 18, 2009, 01:31:19 PM »

I'm looking to purchase a 500 GB mini. 

My plan is to configure it as an iTunes server on my home network.  Will I be able to access my library via iTunes from a remote network?  I realize I can access files via the web portal, but I would prefer to use iTunes.

Also I have an older drive station which I plan to setup on my office network office.

Would I be able to access the mini on my home network and perform incremental backups?

Finally what is the Time Machine™ Functionality?  I see this is included in the Live, but not the mini.

Message Edited by orbojeff on 01-18-2009 02:33 PM

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: Mini Basics: iTunes Server, Web Access...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 11:03:03 AM »

Remember you can open any ports needed on your router to access the nas.  We will support the web access as well as the ftp options in the box.  But depending on your software you can use any ports needed to get access to the drive.

You can use ftp to back up your files, or if you have a hardware vpn established you can run any software to do incremental backups.

Time Machine is the breakthrough automatic backup that’s built rightinto Mac OS X. It keeps an up-to-date copy of everything on your Mac —digital photos, music, movies, TV shows, and documents. Now, if youever have the need, you can easily go back in time to recover anything.