Author Topic: Time Machine and Buffalo LSL-1000GL  (Read 2373 times)

bobthegoblin

• Calf
Time Machine and Buffalo LSL-1000GL
« on: August 10, 2009, 07:08:02 AM »

Hello, I dearly hope someone can help me please...

I would like to set up Time Machine to run with my iMac, but when I turn on Time Machine it does not show the external drive in the options. When clicking on Set Up Time Capsule, it shows only my Airport Express. The external drive shows up in Finder under "Shared" (takes a while to register), but does not show up in Disk Utility or Time Capsule (I've also tried booting up from the Installation Disk to see if the drive appears in Disk Utility, but it's not there either).

The external drive is connected directly to the iMac's ethernet slot. Backing up works OK with the Memeo software the drive came with, but I wanted to try out Time Capsule. Backing up wirelessly (connected to Airport Express) takes an unbelievable amount of time - 110GB took over 9 days (!!!), hence the reason I connect directly to the iMac.

Am I able to use Time Capsule with the LSL-1000GL? And if so how do I configure everything to get this to work?

Many thanks for your help.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Time Machine and Buffalo LSL-1000GL
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 07:20:11 AM »
   There is no Time Machine feature on this linkstation. You probably will not be able to get this to work. You would need a nas that supports time machine like the LS Live with bit torrent or the Quad.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

bobthegoblin

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 07:33:46 AM »

Davo, thanks for your feedback. I'm curious though... what does "nas" stand for? And why is this machine different to other hard drives which are Time Machine compatible...? lots of reading over the last few days shows that many regular external hard drives can be used with Time Machine.

Thanks again. 

Memoryman

• El Toro
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 01:39:49 PM »

NAS - Network Attached Storage

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 02:53:41 PM »