Author Topic: LS-CL After 3 days of erasing file format is RAW and no go.  (Read 3236 times)

Bobo

• Calf
LS-CL After 3 days of erasing file format is RAW and no go.
« on: January 27, 2009, 11:07:26 PM »
   Did the erase on a Linkstation LS-CL74C F/W 1.02.  After 3 days the erasing was done, 1Tb drive.  Now it just says this:  Information
Currently a Format or Disk Check is being carried out.
During this time the LinkStation settings can not be changed.
Also the file share service will not be available.
LinkStation Name
LS-CL74C
Model Name
LS-CL F/W 1.02
The light flahes 3 times in a cycle.  Do not have a clue where to go next.
Thx.
Bobo

Paul

• Big Bull
Re: LS-CL After 3 days of erasing file format is RAW and no go.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 01:31:06 PM »
Power cycle the device and flash the firmware.  Once this is done set it back to factory defaults from the web interface.

Bobo

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 09:10:53 AM »

Dear Paul:

Downloaded firmware for the drive, unzipped same, read read.me text, launched Updator, Drive received the flash, but stated it could not write it, the process aborted.  I am doing this right?

* Windows XP

* flash was done through a switch via Cat-5 cable (should this be done by USB cable instead?)

* Linkstation Drive was up-and-running (should it be off?)

Thx. Bob O

Bobo

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 10:23:35 AM »

Was able to flash the drive to version 1.06, tho i encountered an error message after the fireware said it had a problem writing it to the drive.  Well, the version says 1.06 now. 

Next, i powered-on the drive holding down the function button in the front in order to re-init the drive.  I guess it is doing this?  It has been over 2days and the message from the web interface says:  Checking Disk1...

When can i expect this format/checking disk 1 to be completed?  Days like someone else said?

Please give me some more advice.