Author Topic: webaccess not starting on LS-CH1.0TL-V2  (Read 1819 times)

patters_uk

• Calf
webaccess not starting on LS-CH1.0TL-V2
« on: December 13, 2011, 02:28:43 PM »

I am trying to resolve a problem with web access on my 1TB linkstation live running 1.54 firmware.

I have configured web access as per the instructions and set up port porwarding on the router fine but I cannot connect to the linkstation on either my local LAN (192.168.0.4:9000) , via buffalonas, or by my dyndns address.

I have contacted buffalo support who have made me try a factory reset, disabling uPNP, following the set up instructions again and again. They claim that the device cannot be faulty as "If the settings would be applied then proposed features will work adequately"

I maintain that the TCP listening process on the linksattion is refusing to start, or immediatley crashing/exiting as I can see, using wireshark, that I get an immediate TCP RST back when trying to connect to the linkstation on port 9000. Port 9050 which seems to be runnig twonky connects just fine.

Is there no way I can access the logs on the box that might help identify where the problem might be. I presume they are running a linux variant.

I have tried forcing a firmware reflash (setting the [Flags] VersionCheck=0) which allows the lsupadter to identify the NAS but later in the flash cycle it simply says "PC and Linkatstion firmware are the same. Updating is not necessary"

So I am at a loss of what to do. I can enable the ftp server, which works, but would prefer to use web access as it provides a (slightly) better security model.

I have suggested to buuffalo that it must be a hardware fault if the software still fails after a factory reset, but they dispute this saying "We will not replace the unit as there is no hardware fault within.".

Any advice appreciated

Denis

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: webaccess not starting on LS-CH1.0TL-V2
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 02:46:22 PM »

Is webaccess working locally? Which support line did you call? You can follow FAQ 2 of 5 to force the firmware update.

patters_uk

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 03:02:44 PM »

I am using the EMEAsupport email support.

No I can't access locally and yes just realised that I had to force the debug mode in the reflash. Done the reflash now but still no webaccess connectivity internally or externally

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 03:19:49 PM »

After the firmware flash I would suggest restoring the setting on the unit to the factory defaults and then setting up the webaccess first. To reset the unit go to system, then restore/erase and choose restore. This will not delete any data. Reconfigure the webaccess settings and see if you can get to it by going to http://theipofthelinkstation:theportyouchose.

patters_uk

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 04:14:17 PM »

I'll have to try this some other time as factory resetting means I lose my backup configuration, users, groups, dlna settings etc and that all takes time to recoinfigure and I have only just got it back to the full config after the last "factory reset".

Is there no way to get at the syslog or unix command line in these boxes to find out what is and isn't running ?

Not sure if this is related but the web interface is far from speedy taking a good 3 to 5 seconds to put fill in any admin page eg the login box or when switching views eg switch from the printserver tab to mediaserver tab. Generally get  a progress box that sates "loading data". This is the same whether I use chrome or explorer.