Author Topic: HD-CE500 U2 unreadable  (Read 1837 times)

gastronautmike

• Calf
HD-CE500 U2 unreadable
« on: June 08, 2009, 03:41:09 PM »

Hello,

I have recently been having trouble with my 500 gig external drive; neither my xp desktop nor my vista laptop will display the drive in "my computer," but when I go into device manager it's there, under disk drives.  When I go into Volumes and click Populate, it tells me the status is unreadable and the partition style is not applicable.  The data is backed up and not particularly valuable, I just want to format it and have my storage space back.  Any thoughts?  I spent quite some time on google and other forums but I think my layperson's lack of tech-speak is holding me back.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Marcel

• Calf
Re: HD-CE500 U2 unreadable
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 05:43:18 PM »
   To format this unit you want to follow these steps. Go to your start menu > Right click my computer> Select Manage > Select disk managment > Right click the external drive in the list in the bottom of this window> Format.

1jeanx

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 11:10:21 PM »

My HD-CE500  U2 also is not being read by my computer. It doesn't show up in My Computer, device manager or anywhere else. It's only 2 months old, and was working fine. When it turns on, it gives a series of 3 higher-pitched beeps, followed by 3 lower beeps, then 3 higher, then 2 lower. Can you help?

PCPiranha

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 12:34:32 AM »

If it isn't showing up in Disk management then the only other troubleshooting option is trying it in another computer.