Author Topic: Dualie disconnecting on Mac with Snow Leopard  (Read 1598 times)

cjaubert

• Calf
Dualie disconnecting on Mac with Snow Leopard
« on: February 06, 2011, 03:49:28 PM »

I have a Dualie OP-ADOCK that I am using with my iMac running OS 10.6.6.  The drive works fine when it is connected, but frequently (after no more than about 12 hours), it just disappears from the desktop.  If I unplug it and replug it in, it appears again on the desktop.

Even after the drive disconnects, it is still connected correctly, since the iPhone connection is still live.  

I’ve reformated, Disk Utlitied, Drive Genuised, Disk Warriored, switched USB cables, and everything else I can think of, and it still happens. The iMac is set to never sleep.  

Any suggestions/ideas as to why this is happening or what I can do to stop it?

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Dualie disconnecting on Mac with Snow Leopard
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 11:28:41 AM »

Does it happen on another machine? 

cjaubert

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 11:30:48 AM »

Good question. Yes, I used it on a MacBook Pro for about a month with exactly the same performance.  

cjaubert

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 11:32:05 AM »

P.S.  I should add this.  If it’s sitting in the dock and disconnects, it will ONLY reconnect if I pull out the drive and reinsert it.  In other words, if I unplug the USB cable from the back of the dock, it willN NOT reconnect when I plug the USB cable back in.  I conclude that it is some kind of hardware failure with the dock.  Does this make sense?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 11:33:34 AM »

It sounds like it could be a minor hardware failure. You could ask for a replacement from support if you are within the one year warranty.