Author Topic: Problem with Web Access for LinkStation Live CHL-500  (Read 2020 times)

Microman

• Calf
Problem with Web Access for LinkStation Live CHL-500
« on: January 08, 2010, 12:23:31 PM »

I have tried to set up my CHL-500 to allow access to my family so they can view photos.

It seems to work find and the restrictions work and everybody has the correct access as long as I log in on my network (the one the Linkstation is connected to).

When family members try to log on from their internet sites, after they enter the correct name for the linkstation after entering www.buffalnas.com they can not enter the site and it times them out or just sits there.

Can anybody help, Please.

Thanks

PS I am using Firmware Version 1.07

JoshC

• Big Bull
Re: Problem with Web Access for LinkStation Live CHL-500
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 02:21:09 PM »

Make sure that is set up like this in the web admin page and you do need to forward ports 9000 udp/tcp.  If you have DSL you might have to possibly bridge your modem so you wont double nat.  AFter its set up then I would like you to creat a new user make the username (test) and the password (test).  Try to have someone log in from outside of the network using that username and password.  Under the folder setup for web access it is set to allow all for the first time, then you can set it back how ever you wish.

Web Access enabled.

HTTPS                  Disabled

Use Buffalo NAS         enabled.

Buffalo name ............included

Buffalo Key .................included

DNS left blank

Auto configure          Disabled

External Port  9000

Microman

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 04:09:48 PM »

Thanks. I'll try what you said and let you know.

It may take awhile to get somebody to test it for me, since most of the family does not go onto their computers too often.

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 05:01:00 PM »

If you would like please PM me your buffalonas.com name and I can see if I can access it outside of the network.

gwoss

• Calf

Hello everyone,

I am desperate!
My problem is about how to configure my apple airport basestation so I can use Web Access with my brandnew Buffalo Linkstation Live. I am on a mac with snow leopard and after trying what some forum members elsewhere suggested unfortunately I did not yet succeed.

a) How do I set the Linkstation's IP address to static in my airport basestation?

b) What do I type exactly where in my aiport basestation to forward everything to port 9000?

Maybe I am close to the solution, but a screenshot of the settings would be helpful. Can someone help me?

JoshC

• Big Bull

The best answer I can give you for the router setup is Contact apple for the setup.  After some goggle research I think this is what you are looking for.  Please follow the link below.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=889