Author Topic: LS-410D - Settings page can't load properly!  (Read 5725 times)

hwfan

• Calf
LS-410D - Settings page can't load properly!
« on: November 20, 2013, 07:35:06 PM »
Hey guys, I've got my first NAS with the Buffalo LS-410D, but I've had a weird problem! Tried searching around but it doesn't seem anyone's encountered something similar.

I was having trouble getting my NAS to work with my DLNA enabled TV so I re-initialised it in the settings page (without wiping out data). After that, I wasn't able to access the settings page anymore.

When I type the IP address (192.168.1.xxx) of my 410D into the browser, it loads a blank page with the title of "BUFFALO", but nothing else - just a grey background. Tried this on multiple computers connected to the network but same issue.

Other than that, the NAS seems to be working well, showing up in NAS navigator, and I'm still able to access all the files stored on it through the network (albeit with user restrictions disabled since I re-initialised the unit).

No idea how to fix this - I've tried:

1) Upgrading the firmware to 1.30 - no issues with the upgrade, but the setting page is still nothing but a grey background
2) Factory resetting it by holding button while powering on, then pressing button again

Any idea why this happened and what I can do? I'm quite puzzled by the whole thing - has the settings page on the NAS been corrupted?

Thanks in advance!

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
Re: LS-410D - Settings page can't load properly!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 01:42:48 AM »
Have you tried different browsers? have you also tried clearing out the cache, history and temp internet files? Also double check the ip of the LinkStation as well. If anything try to assign it a static ip with Nas Navigator by right clicking on icon and going to properties and under ip address tab uncheck use DHCP. Then choose the ip that you would like to give it. Dont change nothing but the blank area.

Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people

hwfan

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 12:51:20 PM »
Thanks for the tips!

Unfortunately tried all the above to no avail.

1) Changed IP address to 192.168.1.yyy successfully but when navigating to this new IP still the same blank grey page with "Buffalo" as page title
2) Tried clearing cache and history etc for multiple browsers and multiple computers but same issue.

I'm still able to access the data on the drive though, and NAS navigator detects it..

joma90

• VIP
  • Life would be easy if we only had the source code!
    • Let me show you how to google
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 01:21:36 AM »
I would try a force update. sounds like the firmware didn't install correctly. I haven't seen 1.30 have these issues with me. Do the following steps from the post below. And redownload the firmware.

http://forums.buffalotech.com/index.php?topic=10184.0

Units I own: TS-XL, TS-WXL, LS-WVL, TS-RXL,  TS5400, TS-RVHL,

I don't work for Buffalo but i do love there products enough to help people