Author Topic: CloudStor 1 TB factory reset?  (Read 2371 times)

mspringfield

• Calf
CloudStor 1 TB factory reset?
« on: July 31, 2012, 07:05:29 AM »

I recently purchased a CloudStor 1TB unit. I ran the setup then tested access by copying and accessing files from the unit so all was good. I had a second 1 TB drive laying around that I wasn't using so I installed it in the second bay and setup a RAID1 array. After it created the array i check access again and all was good. I started copying data over from an external drive to the array. About 100 gig into the copy process the second drive failed. I did not have another drive so I decided to just remove the second drive. There was no way revert back to a single drive configuration so I decided to just restore the factory defaults since I really wasn't that far into copying data. It seemed to take a while to go through all four passes so I left it running over night. When I got up the next morning all was fine and it was flashing amber 2 long 1 short indicating that it was formatting the drive. Logging on via the web interface showed that it was indeed formatting the drive. I am now going into Day 2 with it still showing as "formatting drive". Is this normal? If so how long can I expect this to take?

mspringfield

• Calf
Re: CloudStor 1 TB factory reset?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 04:28:31 AM »

Format ran the rest of day 2 and sometime over night on day 1 it finished and then I had a red "mount error". I was able to log on via the cloud and format the drive again and it did format and mount in less than 5 min. Still wondering if this is normal of if I need to return the device.