Author Topic: WZR-HP-G300NH port forwarding / nat loopback  (Read 2581 times)

jcaudill

• Calf
WZR-HP-G300NH port forwarding / nat loopback
« on: July 30, 2010, 08:21:14 AM »

So I just discovered today that this router doesn't support NAT loopback - which is a big problem. I have an exchange server behind the router, with the SSL port forwarded from the WAN to the exchange server so I can check mail from the webmail interface and my iphone. While this works fine, when my iPhone comes into the wireless network it no longer can receive mail because of the NAT loopback issue. I certainly can't keep changing from WAN to LAN IP everytime I can in and out. Any plans to fix this - and like soon?

Thanks.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: WZR-HP-G300NH port forwarding / nat loopback
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 08:48:35 AM »

When the DD-WRT firmware is released it should resolve the issue.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

jcaudill

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 08:53:08 AM »

Kind of stinks we have to wait for that though for a simple thing like this to work. I tried the beta firmware off DD-WRT's site - awful is the best way to describe it :)

Slipaway

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 10:44:38 PM »

I'm interested in purchasing 9 of the WZR-HP-G300NH routers, do these routers support NAT loopback?  Does Buffalo have a firmware update (Buffalo firmware) that supports NAT loopback for this router?

mopacmedia

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 08:44:30 PM »

Yes, they do support NAT loopback now that they are using the WW-DRT open source firmware. It's a very nice interface and powerful (which may mean it's a bit intimidating for new users, but Buffalo built in some nice automatic setup features, so it should be user friendly).