Author Topic: Factory Defaults ready for resale?  (Read 1766 times)

ausduckz

• Calf
Factory Defaults ready for resale?
« on: August 26, 2010, 10:25:37 AM »

I have recently purchased 2 LS-WXL units, and have set them up, but after a few days of use, I found they are not the right units for what I want.

How would I go about setting them up, ready for resale, so when someone purchases them, they simple have to install the drives, power the unit on, press the function bottom, and wait while setup takes place?

drmemory

• Big Bull
Re: Factory Defaults ready for resale?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 10:39:33 AM »

If you are within 30 days of purchase, I would take them back to the retailer where purchased, and request a refund.

ausduckz

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 06:44:59 PM »
Purchased off eBay.

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 11:42:57 AM »

I would recommend performing an EM boot and then a force firmware update with all of the checkboxes (except any having to do with the changing of the IP address) in the debug options enabled.  This will ensure the unit is fully formatted and set back to factory defaults before resale.

ausduckz

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 03:49:11 AM »

Can you do what you have mentioned without any drives in the unit?

As currently, there are no drives in it, and I plan on reselling them empty.

When I purchased them, I received instructions on how to perform the initial setup. I had to install the drives, power on the unit, the blue light flashed for approx 2 minutes, then I had solid blue and red lights. I then had to press the Function button on the back, which made the red light start flashing, which meant that the NAS was performing the setup. This took approx 10-15 minutes. Then everything was good to go.

This is how I would like it to be when I resell the unit.

Thanks.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 03:58:17 AM »

ausduckz wrote:

Can you do what you have mentioned without any drives in the unit?

As currently, there are no drives in it, and I plan on reselling them empty.

Nope, all instructions are intended with drives in place.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

ausduckz

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 05:20:29 AM »

Ok, well I've decided to sell both of my units, each with 1 1.5TB drive installed. Can the user install a second drive, of different capacity, or do they have to install a second 1.5TB drive if they would like to add a second drive?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 06:54:23 AM »

The Duo is ment for sale as is with 2 HDD installed. What your proposing can be done but your kinda making whoever buys the units do alot of work. They can install higher than 1.5TB but if raided will only show the equivalent of 2 x 1.5TB HDD's

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!