Author Topic: How to create Partition Firmware Needs  (Read 2691 times)

weskm

• Calf
How to create Partition Firmware Needs
« on: January 27, 2010, 09:07:12 AM »

I am trying to update the firmware on my TS-X6.0TL/R5.

I bought it used without drives and formatted and have one Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1500 Gigabytes in it that was formatted under windows 7.

When I try firmware update it tells me: couldn't confirm weatr partition exists cannot update the firmware.

What is this partition and how do I create it?

JoshC

• Big Bull
Re: How to create Partition Firmware Needs
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 12:43:03 PM »

You cannot use a Windows format on these units.  You have to have the drives formatted to XFS (linux).  After you format them you have to try to load the boot image back on the drives with the TFTP boot.  If the TFTP boot serves the blocks then you have to flash the firmware.  Search the Solved Storge threads and there are many other users that have done this.

The TFTP and the Force Firmware procedures are on the FAQ's 2 and 3.

0gre

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 12:50:47 PM »

Important note: In another thread I have detailed how the TFTP Boot Images mentioned  in the FAQs are not downloadable. Also, this same download issue is listed in the Solved Issues forum but it is not solved but because it is a closed thread, I can't bump it.

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 12:53:02 PM »

I have tested the download of the boot images and they are fine.  I have tested it with IE, Firefox and now Chrome.  Post the link of the >>>>>>>Also, this same download issue is listed in the Solved Issues forum but it is not solved but because it is a closed thread

weskm

• Calf
Re: How to FDorce Firmware Update: FAQ 2 is curropted!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 08:22:07 PM »

Okay, I formatted the drive to (XFS) Linux....

But nice....

The Model I have is TS-X6.0TL/R5 but at the bottom of the machine is where all the MAC Info is it shows TS-XL (WR) so my guess would be I download nice>ftp://24.153.165.234/disk1/share/TS-XL/ and the latest firmware: 10/22/2009 TSX110.zip

The NASNAVi2 see my unit  but no drives...from what I read in solved thuis has to be running when update is run correct? Update shows Tera info but says it cant communicate or write to it.

JoshC

• Big Bull
Re: How to FDorce Firmware Update: FAQ 2 is curropted!
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 10:08:25 PM »

That is the correct dowload.  directly connect it to your PC and set a static IP address on your LAN and try to update.  Make sure that you have your firewalls and antivirus shut down.

weskm

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 05:12:34 PM »

I finally got my TS-XL406 working!

I was getting the  "ACP_STATE_FAILURE" ,

when trying to reflash the unit as it was reporting the firmware as blank.

I was able to resolve it by using Linux and presetting and formatting the 4 drives for XFS.

Then in the Debug settings unchecking to rebuild partition table.

I was then able to refresh the firmware from emergency mode and am now at version 1.20 with all 4 drives as Raid0.

Just wanted to pass this info on in case others have the same issue......

I started with just the unit, no drives and added 2: 1.5TB Seagate Drives,1: 1TB Western Digital and 1:500GB Western Digital. So I have 4134.3 GB of Network accessible storage now!

Hurray!

tomasme

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 06:52:18 PM »

Pardon my ignorance, but what did you use to format the drive/s to XFS? Please let me know. Thanks.