Author Topic: LS421DE no longer on network  (Read 3043 times)

timjeffries

• Calf
LS421DE no longer on network
« on: November 12, 2016, 05:24:39 AM »
I have had a LS421DE working well on my network for the last couple of years. A couple of days ago it disappeared from my network. I've rebooted it, the router, the switch, etc and it hasn't reappeared. It appears to start up fine, the network link lights on the back light up and the port on the switch lights up too. I'm not sure what to do next. Any suggestions?

Azasel

Re: LS421DE no longer on network
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 03:19:15 AM »
It's a common problem on this device ! Have you try to unplug the power and put it back ?
Which firmware are you running ?

timjeffries

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 06:11:44 PM »
Thanks for your reply. I have unplugged the power and plugged it back in several times.

I'm not sure of the firmware. I haven't had to look at it for at least a year as it has been working flawlessly until now.

If I cannot get the box to connect via the network, is there another way to connect to it? If not am I able to read the drives directly?

Thanks

rgarjr

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 08:13:42 PM »
If it's not booting correctly it will not appear on the network.  If it has a hard drive problem, it will give an error code.   Is it giving you some error codes (red light)?  Run the NAS Navigator app and see if it finds it. 

timjeffries

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 09:10:00 PM »
There are no red lights on the front.

It does not appear in the NAS Navigator.

Is there any way I can read what's on those drives if I put them in a different enclosure? I really need to get to some stuff that's on there ...

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 04:32:24 AM »
Are you sure your security software isn't blocking the NAS Navigator? If there is no red or orange LED on the Linkstation then this is more than likely the case.

Disable any 3rd party anti virus and the Windows firewall and check again.
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

timjeffries

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 04:09:57 PM »
I'm positive it's not security software. I'm running multiple machines on the network with no security software turned on. Plus I'm looking directly at the router and in the list of attached devices, the NAS is nowhere to be seen. The NAS is connected to the router via a switch (I've tried different ports). The switch has the link light on when I connect the ethernet cable so that bit is definitely working. Everything else runs through that switch too so there's no problem there.

The front of the NAS looks like this -

Seems like there's something wrong with the hardware of the NAS that's stopping it connecting to the networking.

Is there any way I can read what's on those drives if I put them in a different enclosure? I really need to get to some stuff that's on there ...

Thanks for your help!

rgarjr

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 04:51:27 PM »
To pull data out you might try putting it in a Linux machine or try UFS Explorer software.