Author Topic: LS Pro Duo 1TB - Limited Web Menu Management  (Read 2425 times)

sydbeat

• Calf
LS Pro Duo 1TB - Limited Web Menu Management
« on: June 04, 2009, 05:50:22 PM »

Hi,

Recently moved house so have a new internet connection and different computer for my LS Pro duo 1TB (1 USB port). I've been trying to configure the drive on the new network but having some problems. After a few hours got the computer to read the drive, upgraded to 1.09 and all seems fine. I can write to the drive when I access through my desktop shortcut, but I can't use any of the disk management functions in either NAVI 2.0 or on the web access menu. On the internet (after typing in the IP address) I only have three available tabs on the left hand side (whereas normally there are many more), these are: HOME, USER MANAGEMENT and LOGOUT - none of which allow me to control anything beyond changing my password. I want to format the drive but I simply have no access to anything that will allow me to do this.

Am using a Linsys router so not sure if the problem could be there somewhere after the move? The closet I've found to a similar problem seems to be the Japanese menu problem that is solved by forcing the firmware upgrade, as mentioned before though my LS seems to have upgraded to 1.09 fine.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice, will be greatly appreciated!

Syd.

Yunus

• Calf
Re: LS Pro Duo 1TB - Limited Web Menu Management
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 07:20:22 PM »
   It sounds like a firmware issue, that is correct. You can try to do a force update of the firmware and deleting the partition tables during, that would be the first thing to try. Also, is there a function button on the unit or an INIT button?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 11:41:42 AM »
   I don't think its a firmware issue, it would seem that you have logged on using a guest account. Logon using the default admin account (admin/password)
PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

sydbeat

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 09:17:48 AM »

Thanks for replies.

The Linkstation dissapeared for a day, no matter what I tried could not recover to my network. It's now reappeared and says the drive is unformatted and that only one of drives is useable. I still cannot bringup the web controls properly. Have tried the admin/password combo but the password/username I've always used is the only one that can get me in even though the controls are limited. I've tried forcing the firmware but does not seem to work (if I'm already running 1.09 does forcing the firmware work?)

Seems a very confused Linkstation.

hdesio

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 11:08:03 PM »

I'm having the same problem with the menu (only Home, User Management and Logout).  I was doing some research, and I found that some script blockers (like Norton) can cause this problem.

However, I don't use Norton, but I suspect some Windows / Antivirus setting causing this problem, but I was unable to detect which one is (yet) 

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 01:33:01 AM »

hdesio: Not just Norton but Server OS environments by default have their browser security settings maxed out to prevent most scripting services from running. Are you accessing this NAS from a Server type OS?

sydbeat: A force firmware update might be necessary in this case. I would suggest attempting such and post back what happens when you add in the option to 'Delete User Config' in the Debug options of the firmware updater. Please keep in mind there is a slight data risk associated with this so make sure you have a secondary backup of the data on the NAS.

Message Edited by Dustrega on 06-13-2009 01:34 AM

sydbeat

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 05:57:16 AM »
   All working now. Simply did the reset using the power button. Was not paying attention properly before so was using the 'reset' button to try and reset. As soon as I held down the power button for 20 odd seconds the thing reset itself and I was able to use admin/password to get back into the station. All working now rather well once again. thanks for replies.

hdesio

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 08:11:24 AM »

Thanks dustrega.  I'm using Windows XP Professional in all the machines.  When I installed the disk, I was having this problem from only one machine, but was working for the other 2.  Now stopped working from all machines.  It may have been some update that changed some setting, but so far, the only one I found having any effect is: "Allow active content to run in files in My Computer" in the Advanced tab of the IE settings.   I don't truly believe this is the problem because I have the same problem with Chrome but when I set it, the left menu dissapears compltel. Whne I reset that property the mune has the three items I mention.

Thanks in advance for any additional help.