Author Topic: No volume detected  (Read 3602 times)

G8NLF

• Calf
No volume detected
« on: December 03, 2012, 10:22:06 AM »

Hi,

New User of LS-WXL230.

Install went Ok and the NAS Navigator sees the Disks but doesn't show any information under 'Unit Capacity/Amount Used/%Used/File Format'.  Under System Information, Storage shows 'Not Available'.

I can select a disk but 'Check Disk/Format Disk/Remove Disk/Rediscover Disk' all remain gray and unavailable.

Under Raid Array, Array 1 shows 'Not Configured EDP'. On selecting EDP I can select disks but 'Create RAID 1' remains grayed out.

I have upgraded the firmware to 1.63 and performed multiple resets but to no avail.

Nick

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: No volume detected
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 10:47:35 AM »

follow FAQ 2 of 5 to rebuild the partition table, the unit will then go for E06 in which case you follow FAQ 3 of 5 to TFTP the unit.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

NickAnd

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 12:47:33 PM »

Thanks but can you give me the Answer ID numbers pease.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 12:53:25 PM »

What? Look at the top of the storage section for the relevant threads!

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

drbzu

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 06:05:30 AM »

No.  I refuse to do all that and spend the next couple of hours of my life making Buffalo's product work.

It should work out of the box, or not ship to customers at all.  It is not my responsibility as a customer to fix your product to make it work.

Its going back in the box and shipped back to Amazon. 

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 04:48:14 PM »

marki2239

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 02:19:22 PM »

You don't seriously expect to get a reasonable level of support from a call center technician that they recruited from a video game camp do you?  Heres the problem..  The product is actually pretty good, but the level of technical support that the offer in the US SUCKS!! 

The tech support is farmed out to a call center who got the lowest bidder contract and they are ruining the reputation of the product.

I ordered a diskless enclosure and had some snot nosed kid tell me that it wasnt supported because I'm not using the disks that came with the unit... duh..    This was a Senior tech, so I asked how long he had been there..   A couple of months. 

They seem to have a high turnover rate and their knowledge sucks..

Time to make Corporate HQ in Japan aware of the level of complaints with the US tech support.. 

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 11:29:11 AM »

Mark, Buffalotech USA doesn't even have a part number for a diskless LS-WXL. We've never sold a diskless LS-WXL in the USA, so our support team wouldn't be informed about that part number. We've sold  one-drive and two-drive versions of LS-WXL (one drive is LS-WXL1D)  What is the 14-digit serial number of your product?