Author Topic: Is the WZR-AG300NH dead due to lawsuit?  (Read 3599 times)

adamb78

• Calf
Is the WZR-AG300NH dead due to lawsuit?
« on: October 10, 2009, 04:52:28 PM »

I seem to remember that Broadcom was sued due to some company (CSIRO) re: its wireless products, and as a result they were not permitted to either sell or make firmware available for some of their wireless products.

Does anyone know anything about this? I have the WZR-AG300NH, and there is no firmware posted here. Usually a sign of a "live" router/WAP is when there are firmware updates periodically (bug fixes, new features, etc), but I don't see anything on the WZR-AG300NH.

Is this product "dead" to Buffalo?

I have kept mine in a box after replacing it with another WAP (it would drop wireless signals, even after RMA's)...waiting for a firmware update. Should I just toss it at this point? Is there no hope?

Kameran

• Big Bull
Re: Is the WZR-AG300NH dead due to lawsuit?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 11:38:30 AM »

Not because of the lawsuit.  Probably the firmware engineers are only concentrating on our newer routers.

adamb78

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 11:47:26 AM »

Is there a running patch backlog? Planned release cycle for firmware updates?

I'm not sure how Buffalo normally works, but my experience with other vendors has been that as issues are identified, they are logged for future bugfix releases/firmware updates.

Also any idea why the firmware is not present at all on the US site?

JoshC

• Big Bull
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 04:45:11 AM »

We can pass the request up .

adamb78

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 11:22:34 AM »

Thanks...do you think we could hit up any of the engineers to see if they were willing to volunteer time to get it working with DD-WRT? I think that would be a great solution, because then the DD-WRT project would be able to continue to add functionality.

Memoryman

• El Toro
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 05:36:16 PM »

You probably need to ask that on a DD-WRT forum - US engineers don't like how you can burn up the chips with DD-WRT and it's against FCC regulations for that much power.  I'll ask Buffalo Japan if they can send the US version of the FW that the UK has - it's a little later version.