Author Topic: Connection Issues  (Read 1732 times)

mlm198

• Calf
Connection Issues
« on: August 21, 2010, 05:48:51 AM »

I have purchased a buffalo LS-XH1.0TL and am having trouble connecting to it.

I have an orange router with one connection to the link station and one connection to the computer running win XP. I also have a wireless laptop running win 7. I have installed the NAS navigator 2 on both PCs but both of them could not find the linkstation during the instalation and I cannot connect to it. The lights on the link station suggest it is operating correctly.

Any suggestions of what to do?

Thanks in advance.

Matthew

AngelsAbys

• El Toro
Re: Connection Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 11:19:47 AM »

Try connecting the LS unit directly to one of the Wi ndows based PC's to see if NAS Navi locates the unit at that point. may have assigned itself to a 169.254.xx.xx address.  You may need to update the IP address manually to perform a setup on the unit

mlm198

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 02:44:39 PM »

Thanks for your help.

I have connected the NAS directly to the XP computer and nothing appears in the NAS navigator window. I guess this means it cannot see it. How do I change its IP address and what do I need to change it too to get it to work?

Thanks again.

Matthew

AngelsAbys

• El Toro
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 07:54:45 AM »

If the NAS Navi sees the unit the IP can be switched from there to allow entry to the web interface for complete setup, as for not being able to be seen please try an EM mode boot as seeing this also resets the IP address, but no data will be affected  EM Mode Procedure

mlm198

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 03:44:09 PM »

I have connected the NAS directly to the win 7 computer in EM. I now shows up when I run the buffalo NAS navigator but and the IP address is set by DHCP (192.xxx.xx.xx) but it does open up any folder when I double click on it. It just says "Could not open the shared folder. Confirm drive status.". Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks

Matthew

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 06:06:13 PM »

Since you're directly connected did you set your computer to a static IP address?  When attempting access to the NAS for troubleshooting I wouldn't recommend using "Network" but instead go to Start->All Programs->Accessories->Run and type in \\192.xxx.xxx.xxx (i.e. the NAS IP) and see if you can access it.  Of course if your computer is directly connected the NAS doesn't act as a DHCP server so you must manually assign an IP that is on the same subnet (e.g. 192.xxx.xxx.yyy where 'y' is different from the NAS).

mlm198

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 11:15:58 AM »

I have done what you said in the past posts (I think) apart from changing the IP address. Now that it has connected to the win 7 laptop it will communicate with it as long as it is connected to it directly. If I connect it to the router or the other PC it still does not see it. I am unclear what to do next.

Thanks for your help.

Matt