Author Topic: Old solutions to The local device is is already in use. not working  (Read 67 times)

nick0559

• Calf
HI all,

I have a TS1400D, it has been working fine until recently, it is still working fine for all computers on the network except my primary laptop (Win 10) which now gives the dreaded "NAS an error occurred while reconnecting to \\NAS MicrosoftWindows Network: The local device  is is already in use. The connection has not been restored"  error.  The NAS is working for all other PCs on the network (Linux and Win 10 and 11 all functioning) and the laptop sees other storage devices on the network but not the TS1400D.  The laptop had been connecting to the  TS1400D with no trouble until recently (Did Microsoft share a virus...sorry I mean update?) I have tried everything I can find on the web, SMB1 does not help (SMB1 is the most common solution), NAS Navi reinstall does nothing.  NAS Navigator runs on the laptop and sees the TD1400D but will not browse any drives. TD1400D is at it's correct fixed IP address and shows no errors. 

I am out of ideas.  Suggestions please.

Nick

nick0559

• Calf
Looks like nobody knows,  I was hoping for at least a little feedback from the factory.

Still hoping.

NIck 

BTW your Captcha is ridiculous.  It is set to overly difficult mode simply to make  sure your customers leave angary? 

nick0559

• Calf
Ideas?

Nick