Author Topic: LS-XHL asking for Network Password - Help!  (Read 3979 times)

dsgreen30

• Calf
LS-XHL asking for Network Password - Help!
« on: October 05, 2011, 12:16:42 PM »

Hello all,

I've already tried the suggestion under the General FAQ and set the Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level to "Send LM & NTML - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated" with no success. Windows 7 Professional continues to ask me to enter a Network Password... and nothing I enter works.

However, I can access the share from another Windows 7 machine without issue (this one is Windows 7 Home Premium).

All setting in NASNavigator2 and the web panel are set correctly.

Driving me insane. Please help!

Thanks!

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: LS-XHL asking for Network Password - Help!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 03:14:49 PM »

what access restrictions are set on the unit? Reset it to defaults (System -> Restore/Erase -> Reset Linkstation to factory defaults.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

dsgreen30

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 04:43:52 PM »

There are no restrictions set.

I can access it from another machine, and I am not prompted for a username or password.

When I try from my main Windows 7 Professional machine, it asks. Again, there are no restrictions set on the shares.

I'll try the restore.

Thanks.

dsgreen30

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 06:30:22 PM »

Tried restore/erase.... no luck.

The Windows 7 Pro machine still prompts for a Network Password! Ugh!

dsgreen30

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 12:15:47 PM »

Anyone? Any ideas?

Jotin

• Big Bull
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 01:23:10 PM »

Try putting in the admin user name and password for the Linkstation.

dsgreen30

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 12:15:30 AM »

I've tried that over and over.

All I continue to get is the Windows Security "Enter Network Password" ...

lancer

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 08:05:27 PM »

I am having the same problem.  I just got a new Win7 pro machine and all my other computers in the house work fine.  I can log into NAS via the Web login, enter username and password, but no luck via Nas Navi when I try to browse shares (and map a drive).

I am not a power network guy, but it shows the device at "DOMAIN1\root".  Is that a problem?  should it be just "root", which is the username I enter via the web interface (w/ no "Domain1")?

lancer

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 08:07:50 PM »

BTW, the specific error is "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password"

the password is exactly the same as via the web interface, the username in the dialog box "domain1\root" is what looks suspicious.  It does not let me change it to just "root"

traew3

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 09:40:02 PM »

Has anyone figured this out for Windows 7?  I have been trying to get Windows to remember the login but everytime I restart it prompts me again for Credentials.  I have verified in Windows Credential Manager the information but everytime i re-enter it, it asks for the information again and again.  I end up having to put in the log-in Username and Password from my Vista Desktop for it to work.

DanLand

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 08:04:51 PM »

Has anyone figured this out yet?

I was able to get around it by setting up another shared directory via the web interface. the browsed to that directory thru windows explorer. I was then prompted for a password. I entered the password used on the web interface and I was able to get in. I was also able to get into the shared folder that I could access before becuase it wasnt taking any passswords. I then deleted the shared folder I just created. I do not know how long this "work around" will last since i just left that windows explorer window open.