Author Topic: Backup from TeraStation PRO to TeraStation  (Read 1179 times)

ericlomm

• Calf
Backup from TeraStation PRO to TeraStation
« on: May 06, 2011, 05:00:01 PM »

Hello,

I have done some searching in past forum post on this site and based on what I have found, I think I know the answer to this question.  However I did not see the specific model number that I am dealing with listed so I wanted to make sure I have asked about the specific model numbers.

We have a Terastation Pro Model number TS-RH4.0GL/R5 that serves as the main NAS for our business.  We have recently acquired a TeraStation Model number HS-DH2.0GL/R5 we intend to use as a backup location.

From what I have found in the forums it appears that not all of the TeraStation products will see other TeraStation products.  I want to verify that is the case with these two products.  My first question is, Is this the case.

Our ultimate goal would to to mirror our data between these two products.  My Second question would be are there any suggestions on how I can accomplish this?

Thanks

Eric Lommatsch

PivotalData, Inc 

Jotin

• Big Bull
Re: Backup from TeraStation PRO to TeraStation
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 10:12:33 AM »

You would have to set up a timed back up in the disk backup option. Create a share folder on each unit making sure that disk backup is chose. Then you should be able to see one unit as the source forlder and the other as the destination folder for the backup job.