Author Topic: How to Setup a Web Server on the Buffalo Linkstation  (Read 8545 times)

willyhoops

• Calf
How to Setup a Web Server on the Buffalo Linkstation
« on: May 22, 2015, 10:07:28 AM »
I want to setup a web server on my NAS so I can read my own web site on my ipad inside my home network without having to connect to the outside world. This post has nothing to do with external web access.

PLEASE SEE LAST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS

I DELETED MY ORIGINAL QUESTIONS

« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 04:48:00 AM by willyhoops »

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
Re: Web Server Question
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 10:17:36 AM »
Since I don't know what NAS you have, I'll take a stab. Try going to port 81.

example:

http://<IP Address>:81

Texturtle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 11:42:29 AM »
If you go to the "network" tab and look at the web server, is it enabled and pointed to the correct folder?

Texturtle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 09:49:32 AM »
At this point you'll need to edit the php.ini file in the TeraStation interface. For more information on PHP, check here:

http://php.net/

willyhoops

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 02:03:10 AM »
I worked it out: You have to use chrome (ie 11 and firefox do not work they go grey and hang or other strange bugs crop up), and you have to fiddle around because you will find it hard to edit the "Target Folder".

But go to your admin console (remember default username is "admin" and default password is "password")

Then click on network, then click on web server.

Then you enable the web server and point it at a directory you have created inside your main share (you do not need to create a new root folder). Eg I created \\NAS1\share\weberver.

If you can not get the drop down box to work on the target folder then go to the php.ini setup further down the page and restore the default settings, after i did that I was able to edit the target folder box at the top.

My NAS1 IP address is 192.168.5.10, and after enabling the webserver then:

I can type \\192.168.5.10:81 in my browser

and it picks up the index.php file which was created when you setup the web server at \\NAS1\share\weberver\htdocs\index.php.

So to get my web site working I then I deleted \\NAS1\share\weberver\htdocs\index.php and I coped my web site to  \\NAS1\share\weberver\htdocs

And now when I type in \\192.168.5.10:81 it picks up my web site file \\NAS1\share\weberver\htdocs\index.htm

All done
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 02:43:50 AM by willyhoops »