Author Topic: WZR-HP-AG300H and 3TB problems  (Read 2517 times)

theone964

• Calf
WZR-HP-AG300H and 3TB problems
« on: January 08, 2012, 10:50:27 AM »

I am trying to connect a 3tb external hard drive to the router but whenever i connect it the router page shows ~750 million KB or around 746 GB. I have tried formatting it multiple times and i even formatted it in Ubuntu using GParted but each time i connect the hard drive to the router it says unformatted, so i format it but still shows 746GB. I am using XFS, but if anyone knows how to make NTFS work on friendly i would love to do that.

Oh and I should mention that whenever i format from the router page and refresh it keeps saying not formatted, so basicly the size is wrong and even if i could live with that it wont work anyway because it keeps saying unformatted.

P.S. I am using the User Friendly Firmware (DLNA server and remote NAS)

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: WZR-HP-AG300H and 3TB problems
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 02:37:47 PM »

As far as im aware this router can only support a max of 2TB USB HDD's.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

theone964

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 03:52:41 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I don't want to dispute you after you've helped me but is there any official documentation that says this? Cause thus is a fairly new router and 3tb externals are very popular, you would've thought they would've made adjustments to newsletter this trend.

Also do you find it strange that it's trying to make a 746GB XFS partition instead of even a 2TB
one

pbhushan

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 11:28:02 AM »

My setup

2 laptops running Windows7 & an Xtreamer with 500GB internal hard disk. I bought a new 3TB but could not make it work with the Xtreamer. And that is important for me because the Xtreamer acts as a Network hub ( i can access content on the Xtreamer from my laptop & also play the content on the TV directly).

Found a good solution to manage the 3TB external hard drive

1. Create backup of data ( if any )

2. Ensure that the formatting is done to MBR mode
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/26203-convert-gpt-disk-mbr-disk.html

2. Use EaseUS software and create 2 partitions of 1.9TB & 1 TB in FAT32 mode

It works just fine and am happy....