Author Topic: DLNA compatibility ?  (Read 69683 times)

micjust

• Calf
Re: DLNA compatibility ?
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2008, 01:42:58 PM »

LinkStation: HS-DH500GL

Connected to Fixed IP 192.168.10.22 (cable connection, not wireless) 

Firmware: 2.10

LinkStation Name:  JUSS_HOME_M

LinkStation Description:  LinkStation - M

PCast settings:
Media Servers: Enable
Media Folder: MEDIA_M (USB Disk : not active)
PCast Password: Disabled
Limit DLNA Client Access: Disabled
Update Media List: Automatic Update

Symptom:
Noklia N95 can sometimes see : JUSS_HOME_M: LinkStation but all the folders are empty.

PS3 can sometimes see : JUSS_HOME_M: LinkStation but no files in folders 

AirStation WBR-G54

Firmware: 2.20

LAN setup: 

MAC address 00:90:4C:49:00:2A
IP address 192.168.10.1
Sub Netmask 255.255.255.0

Please give e-mail address to send the screen shots.

cjbrown80

• Calf
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2008, 02:31:52 PM »

Paul,

Again, thank you for your participation and I apologize for my comment on the previous post that you had to remove.

Is there an in-depth diagnostic or something that we can run that will generate a log file to upload to you? I think if there was that would be nice to make it easy for people to submit their info and provide you with usable results. Let us know, Thanks, -Chris

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2008, 05:44:00 PM »

I will inquire about this app if they have it. 

thanks for the help

IlkkaL

• Calf
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2008, 04:15:30 AM »

LinkStation Pro Duo : LS-WTGL/R1-V3

Firmware:3.07

Media Server: Enable
FTP: enabled
Appleshare: disabled

PS3 80GB purchased 12/2008

Symptom:

PS3 finds the NAS but shows empty folders. Music, photos and videos are in subfolders (some in the main shared folder).

bigrob

• Calf
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2008, 09:32:06 AM »

Paul I have seen your post above and saw you mentioned DLNA is constantly evolving with new versions and requires constant updates on all vendor's equipment. however I have yet to see any DLNA update from you guys full stop?

I thank you for getting them to look into a firmware but don't you agree by your own words this should have been done sooner?

drmemory

• Big Bull
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2008, 09:57:44 AM »

Please add the firmware revision of your PS3 to your specs.

sdhillon

• Calf
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2008, 10:01:45 AM »

I like the fact that if you read the post priors to Xmas, the firmware was imminent, and it was any day now that we would get the good news.  The latest request seems to be saying, did someone say something out there?  Can you tell us whats wrong?  Does this mean that for the last year as people have complained, no one has even looked at this?  As for changing standards for DLNA, I am not sure if that is any different to anything else in the computer industry, there is constant change everywhere, as a result companies have to move with the times to make sure they are meeting customer expectations and also raking in more profits.  I fail to see how this is any different.

Paul, I know you are in the middle, God know how your bosses are letting you hang out to dry, can you tell me if we are going to see an updated firmware over the next month?  Or is this just another pipedream and delay tactic to gather information.  I want to know if I should be planning something else and dumping the drive, or as a few have suggested maybe need to see what legal options are available to us.

Mav3000

• Calf
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2009, 04:58:15 AM »

Hi, I am connecting to my PS3 using WPA-PSK wireless network. My PS3 is running the latest firmware (2.53?).

My Linkstation is as follows:

LinkStation Name: LINKSTATION

Model Name: LS-CHL F/W 1.01

Media Server: Enable

UPnP: Enable

Symptoms: PS3 Identifies the LinkStation and connects to it, and used to work fine, streaming video and audio without problems, but now disconnects from the PS3 with a DLNA error every 10 seconds. I can see all files on the LS HD but cannot stay connected to it long enough to stream any of them.

The PS3 has an 80% signal strength connection to the router. LS is connected to the Router via 100mbps ethernet.

ups

• Calf
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2009, 10:28:17 PM »

We have several of these devices at the hospital that I work for. Thinking that these are DLNA compliant, we invested in few PS3s for patients (mostly kids) so they could play games and also be able to see pictures/videos uploaded by their families, using the same controller/sysmtem. After spending days I have not been able to get it to work. I can not believe how any descent company would make such products. PATHETIC.

Symptom: PS3 only sees some of the pictures on TS
Model  HS-DHTGL/R5 1.10
2TB
Configuration Raid5
PS3 - 80 GB update 2.53
Gig connection with the PS3. BOth on the same switch.

Message Edited by ups on 01-02-2009 10:34 PM

balham

• Calf
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2009, 04:10:31 AM »

I purchased a Buffalo Linkstation Live device at the beginning of 2008 (here in the UK) and have had similar problems desribed in this thread e.g. errors in accessing data files and non-stop hard-disc activity when using PCast (I have a range of media playback devices). I spent some time trying to liaise with Buffalo and DLNA.org all to no avail. They did not want to know. I have since given up using the Buffalo LinkStation as a media server and have gone back to using my PC - which works perfectly - streaming media files throughout the house to different devices. 

This post was edited we are posting on this forum to collect data to resolve this issue.
Message Edited by Paul on 01-05-2009 12:32 PM

say170

• Calf
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2009, 05:39:57 AM »

Balham, yes, I agree with you.  I bought mine specifically to act as a DLNA server, and it doesn't - even though it clearly says on the packaging that it does.  I am seriously considering buying a twonky license - although they now don't support NAS devices.

This link was passed up to corporate.

This post was edited we are posting on this forum to collect data to resolve this issue. 

Message Edited by say170 on 01-03-2009 05:29 PM
Message Edited by Paul on 01-05-2009 12:33 PM

Katten

• Calf
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2009, 09:59:55 AM »
   Hi everyone.

This Linkstation/PS3 DLNA issue has now reached Scandinavia since I have the same problem as all of you guys and know a bunch of people who also have this problem. I actually owned an older version of the LSL with 1.06 FW witch worked fine. I could see all of my files on my PS3 and I was able to stream videos in good quality even to my PSP through my PS3 via 'remote play'. But with the 2.10 FW version i get the message: "No files found"
Hope to hear updates on this topic soon.

trtadlock

• Calf
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2009, 08:31:21 PM »

LinkStation Pro Duo: LS-WTGL/R1-V3

Firmware version: 3.08

LS Pro Duo connected via RJ45 to Netgear WGT624 router.

Media Server: Enabled

PS3 80GB (purchased 8/2008) with PS2 compatibility.

PS3 connected wirelessly to Netgear WGT624 router.

System Software: 2.53

Symptom:

When searching for a media server from PS3, PS3 does not find any media server.

Like many others, I purchased LinkStation Pro Duo for RAID and Media Server capabilities.  I hope Buffalo fixes the problem soon...

Paul

• Big Bull
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2009, 10:11:55 AM »

Buffalo is again requesting that more information be sent, we are requesting the PS3/2 firmware revision you are using along with the exact issue, for example what files can't you see (file types, size, ect.)

I have passed up the useful posts, please provide more information.

ltpnc

• Calf
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2009, 10:38:29 AM »
   My PS3 is able to connect to Media Server on link station but it is not consistent. Some time it complains no media server found, then if I login to PCast/LinkStation Web admin and just click Apply without changing anything on PCast then PS3 is able to find Media server again. I am wondering if there is any sleep mode of media server on linkstation if it is not used for sometime. After every 5 mins or so PS3 keeps showing error message : 'Disconnected from Media Server. DNLA protocol error 2101'. PS3 shows this error message even if it is streaming content correctly.

LinkStation:
Model: HS-DH500GL
Firmware: 2.10
PCast settings:
Media Servers: Enable
Media Folder: MyMedia
PCast Password: Disabled
Limit DLNA Client Access: Disabled
Update Media List: Automatic Update

Router:
ZyXEL X-550
UPnP: Enabled