Author Topic: Linkstation not working when HTTPS/SSL Encryption enabled  (Read 2219 times)

woodi2

• Calf
Linkstation not working when HTTPS/SSL Encryption enabled
« on: January 03, 2012, 05:32:28 PM »

I have a linkstation duo LS-WXLA06 that I have set up and have this linked via ethernet cable to my Buffalo WGH-125 router.  Everyting works fine from inside my network and I have now managed to access it from outside as long as I leave the HTTPS/SSL Encryption disabled.  As soon as enable it, the connection through buffalonas.com hangs up.  Has anyone any ideas.  Iam on firmware 1.56 and also had to set up the webaccess manually as i was getting a UPnP error. 

Thanks

waihogod

• Calf
Re: Linkstation not working when HTTPS/SSL Encryption enabled
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 05:01:35 AM »

Hi,

I got the same issue on my Linkstation pro. I even enable the port forwarding to port 443.

I still get stuck in loading page of WebAccess page in Internet Explorer.

The only way to let other users to get in is to disable the https encryption. 

Gheorghiu

• Calf
Re: Linkstation not working when HTTPS/SSL Encryption enabled
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 06:58:18 PM »
Have the same problem with my TeraStation 8 drive DS5008. I use my own DNS and forwarding port and works fine if HTPS is disabled. However, when I enable HTTPS and load correct certificate and Key from digicert the connection does not go through at all and interface /ui is not appearing. I wonder whether Buffalo has restricted somehow (knowingly or not) webaccess to buffalonas. On the other hand, I have requested support from Buffalo Tech Support and was negatively surprised with their lack of knowleadge of computing ports. I am publishing this to see whether there is somebody out there that fixed webaccess with encryption. Thank you