Author Topic: Firmware update stalling - I read the FAQ's...  (Read 2519 times)

eracer

• Calf
Firmware update stalling - I read the FAQ's...
« on: October 12, 2011, 09:30:29 AM »

I have a brand new TS-XE2.0TL/R5 (firmware v1.52) with no data on it yet.  I've attached it to my network and can access it from my workstation using TeraNavigator.

I can explore the Share.  I got an error message the first time I connected to it (I52: An unknown error has occurred) and the error persists.

I ran the v1.53 firmware updater from the web interface, and it is stalled.  The progress meassage is:  'Downloading the firmware image from the internet.'

The icon has been spinning now for over an hour, and when I log off and back on the web interface the status is the same.

The FAQ's talk about 'disabling anti-virus and firewall software.'  On what, my workstation?  Why?  Is the update somehow routing through my workstation and into the NAS?  Do I need to shut it off on my Enterprise anti-virus server?  That doesn't make any sense to me.  I have a hardware firewall that shouldn't be stopping any outgoing traffic.  I can't just shut off incoming filtering on it!

How can I get out of this stalled condition?  I can't access anything else from the web interface.  Do I need to just power the TeraStation off?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Firmware update stalling - I read the FAQ's...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 09:38:44 AM »

The firmware has probably just completed and the scipt controlling the browser is stalled. Use the Nas Navigator to see if the firmware has been updated or not.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

eracer

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 09:46:21 AM »

Thanks.  I log off and log back on and the firmware is still 1.52.  Nas Navigator shows 1.52 as well.

Status in Tera Navigator still says 'Downloading firmware image from internet.'

eracer

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 10:02:53 AM »

WOW !!!

Over an hour after initiating the update, the status has changed to:

'Progress: The machine must be restarted to enable the firmware settings. Please wait until the restart process is complete.?'

ETA - It's been 'restarting' for 30 minutes now...'  Weird.

ETA - NAS Navigator shows the firmware has been updated to v1.54, and the error message has disappeared.