Products > Storage

LS-CL6F0 Linkstation EZ

(1/1)

vjludovico:
   Okay, Im not very good at all this and this is my first NAS. I had it set up out of the box, dumped some media on it, pointed iTunes and Orb Live towards it, and all was well. Since then I've added a few seasons of a tv show on there. I can only watch the initial season I placed on the drive (Using Orb and iPhone) everything I added later will not play. I checked the properties of these files and noted differences in the permissions with Users and Groups ExampleWorking Videos haveEveryonehdusers (Unixgroup\hdusers)NAME (LS-CL6F0\NAME) Non working haveEveryonenobody (Unix User\nobody)nogroup (Unix Group\nogroup) I was trying to change these permissions I either get a not authorized or multiple connections to a server are not allowed. On the one folder it tells me I don't even have permission to even view the permissions... what can i do? 

vjludovico:
   So I think my question is not how to change the permissions, this is a vista issue I am currently in battle with, but WHY now when I copy files to my NAS are the permissions any different than when I copied them a few weeks ago? I went into web admin checked the users and groups and they're all fine.

Jotin:
   You could log into the interface and go to Maintenance. From there you can go to Iniliazation and click on restore to factury defaults. This will not delete your data but will reset all the firmware settings. This is one of the best ways to clear up permisions issues. Once you do this just set up your permission again. All permisions have to be managed through the linkstation interface.

vjludovico:
   Thanks for the reply. Sadly, Im still having problems. I reset to factory, set up a single user with read/write, and still no luck. I tried disabling access restrictions, but I still change change permissions. I can copy and delete files, just not change the permissions that I need to. When I tried to reenable access restrictions to try some things, my username and password do not work, it tells me I might not have access permissions... both admin and user do not work. Also Im fascinated as to why in the properties\security tab of a file, why it has changed from one to the other on it's own. From this: Everyonehdusers (Unixgroup\hdusers)'username' (LS-CL6F0\'username') To This:Everyonenobody (Unix User\nobody)nogroup (Unix Group\nogroup)  When I get home from work I'll mess some more with it, maybe something will pop up then. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version