Products > Storage

Vista Patch for HS-DH500GL

(1/1)

mdgreeley:
   Where can I find the Vista Patch mentioned in the box that has to be installed on each Vista PC before my Link Station will work properly?  I do not see a file in the "support/downloads" section of the web site that looks like it addresses this concern. Thanks in advance!

Derek:
   I have a similar question for the same product, however, I have tried the recommended downloaded Vista patch and the manual override in regedit to no avail (actually it worked once with the downloaded patch but hasn't worked since).  I run a home PC environment with 3 windows xp desktop PCs, 1 xp laptop, 1 iMac desktop, 1 mac laptop, and 1 vista laptop and now only the iMac desktop can see the network but all others give the same error message "Network routing can't be faound. Confirm network cabling and connection".  I actually tried changing the ethernet ports on my HS-DH500GL NAS drive, downloaded the Vista patch and once only, did the the NAS Navigator work on my Vista laptop.  As I said, now the XP machines can't see the NAS drive but the iMac can. I'm wondering if this is a wireless vs. wired issue since my 2 xp desktops and mac/vista laptops can't see the device but the iMac which is wired to the router can see the device.  Please advise as I'm at wit's end and am ready to give up on Buffalo Tech for other brands.Message Edited by Derek on 02-22-2009 10:55 PMMessage Edited by Derek on 02-22-2009 10:57 PM

Colin137:
The vista patch only affects compatibility with the older NAS, such as HD-HLAN and HD-HTGL/R5 series. Derek, software firewalls like to block the NASNavigator program. Try disabling them. Some routers don't completely bridge the WLAN and LAN connections, so that could be why your wireless machines can't detect the drive. The NASNavigator isn't required for use with the drive, once you know the ip address of the drive, go to Run ( Windows Key+R ), type in \\ip_address_of_linkstation and hit ok. Right click on the folder you want to map, and select Map Network Drive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version