Author Topic: Can't Access LS-WX2.0TL/R1 on Internet  (Read 1320 times)

Blue_RAM

• Calf
Can't Access LS-WX2.0TL/R1 on Internet
« on: July 14, 2011, 07:07:23 PM »

Hello everyone! I am having issues with my LS-WX2.0TL/R1 Network Harddrive, I can access it through Web Access within my home network but I can't access it through the internet.  My set-up is this: Router 1 is located at Ground Floor (This is where the ISP is coming from) and Router 2 is located at First Floor.  Router 2 is linked to Router 1 through an Ethernet port.  In Router 2 this is where my latop is connected and my Buffalo Network Hard Drive.  I can access the Web Settings from NASNavigator2 but every time I access network drive through Buffalonas.com I can't access it. 

Router 2 ( Model:Buffalo WHR-G300N) - IP Add is 192.168.11.1

Network Drive (Model:LS-WX2.0TL/R1) -IP Add is 192.168.11.4

My Laptop - 192.168.11.2

I already tried port forwarding on my Router but still it didn't work. From the Web Access Service I enabled the Auto Configure Firewall (UPnP) of my Network Hard Drive.

Please help me on how to make this work, the main feature of the Network Drive which I liked is to be able to access my shared files from the Internet.  How can I do this?  Please give me a detailed instructions on how to set this up.

Kind regards,

Blue_RAM

Blue_RAM

• Calf
Re: Can't Access LS-WX2.0TL/R1 on Internet
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 12:21:38 PM »

Hello Everyone,

I was hoping that someone would reply for those who had similar issues with the one I'm having.  Unfortunately, nobody answered.  I already read and tried some of the old posts in here but still did not resolve the issue.  The only difference I have with the others is I have two routers in my network and i think those that I've read here only have one.  Please can anybody help me?  The purpose of me buying this network hard drive was that I can easily access my files and share it from anywhere in the internet.  I'm already disappointed, please a reply from anyone would be great.

Thanks,

Blue_RAM

Blue_RAM

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 06:32:37 AM »

Its a little bit frustrating that nobody not even one tried answering my querry.  Is anybody reading the posted messages here?  Because up to now I still did not hear anything from anyone in this furom.

I guess nobody cares....  should have bought another brand of network drive....

Really frustrated....

disputator

• Buffalo
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 10:42:56 AM »

Ok man, I do it every day - so decide UPnP or port forwarding. I prefer port forwarding.

- give the LS a static IP

do port forwarding

[internet IP]+[port] to [ls IP]+port

LinkStation webaccess setting

- here you need to put the same as in the router as external port, the internal is 9000, with newer fw it's probably flexible

After saving the settings and there is no error it should work with the LinkStation web access.