Author Topic: Can I use WZR-HP-G300NH with BT line if I connect an ADSL modem?  (Read 1511 times)

happinessstan

• Calf
Can I use WZR-HP-G300NH with BT line if I connect an ADSL modem?
« on: February 02, 2011, 04:19:54 PM »

Hi guys

Struggling to find an answer on this so hopefully someone here can help?

I have a really weak wireless signal upstairs so it has been recommended I bridge two routers to effectively create another wireless network upstairs.

Having read the reviews of the Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH, I am considering purchasing two but I understand the router is cable only, not ADSL?

Is there a way to use my BT line with this router or can anyone recommend an ADSL equivalent?

I have read I can use my existing ASDL moden and connect to th erouter - is this correct?

Man thanks in advance!

buddee

• Big Bull
Re: Can I use WZR-HP-G300NH with BT line if I connect an ADSL modem?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 04:32:37 PM »

You can use a wzr-hp-g300nh router with cable or DSL modem either, so long as the modem isn't a USB only style modem (it has to have RJ-45 LAN port)

Also, you can do what you are wanting to do with no prblems, you may also find that you may not need another router, you may only need just one, I had the same problem in my house, i got 3 stories, the signal on the ground and 2nd floors were great, 5 bars all the time, just in my undergound lvl, where my computer lab is, the signal was only 3 bars at best, i bought 1 WZR-HP-G300NH and it covers 5 bars with no problem, made me a true believer in buffalo products, because their HP wireless router line has built in signal amp, makes the radios so much stronger than other brand routers. Not saying you can for sure do it with just 1 unit, but you'd be suprised.