Author Topic: Keeping two LG-WSGL's in sync  (Read 1358 times)

bitkeeper

• Calf
Keeping two LG-WSGL's in sync
« on: January 27, 2010, 08:52:53 PM »

I'm going to have two LS-WSGL 500GB units, in RAID1.   One died, it's being replaced (no serious data loss, hoo eee, despite my now obviously-in-retrospect kludgy backup procedures)...I decided I liked the unit, so I got another so they could serve as "warm" replacements for each other. 

I'm planning to configure them identlcally, and I'm probably going to have multiple shares on them.

Really only about 10GB of "active" data (and probably only 1GB that changes more than a few times a year), though maybe another 40GB of much less active stuff.

I'm going to use Acronis True Image nice backup too, get a big dog, move to New Zealand...just tired of wondering whether the data is safe...)

My question here is:  what are some approaches nice...keeping the "on-time" down on the "backup" unit.  Or resync daily, not sure...depends on what the tool options are.

Acronis may have something...not sure whether it copies or just archives...I'm interested in understanding other approaches, so I can make a more informed decision.

Any information and ideas around this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

bitkeeper

• Calf
Re: Keeping two LG-WSGL's in sync
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 11:46:17 AM »

Found lots of products under Google "data synchronization".   "Resolved".