Author Topic: Lost Power Supply for HD-HS1  (Read 3288 times)

DrewDigital

• Calf
Lost Power Supply for HD-HS1
« on: August 22, 2016, 06:04:22 PM »
I lost the power adapter for my hard drive. Model number HD-HS1-0TQ .  The power port on the back of the hard drive looks like this:

It doesn't specify which pins get what voltage so I can't verify the power supply.

I bought this power supply: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JID3NY0/ .  When I plugged it in the hard drive did nothing and the light on the power supply went off which indicates there was a short.

What is the proper power supply for the HD-HS1-0TQ? Does anyone have a schematic diagram so I can verify the voltage that the pins should get? I emailed tech support and they didn't know.

DrewDigital

• Calf
Re: Lost Power Supply for HD-HS1
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 09:46:08 PM »
I bought a global 5 pin power supply but it did not work. Below is a picture of the power supply schematic. The label on the hard drive does not specify what pins get what voltage so I can't verify if it is the right power adapter.

So my brother took my hard drive apart and traced out the circuit board and figured out that the pins are backwards. As you can see from the attached power supply diagram, the two 5v pins are on the right and the two ground pins are on the left. The hard drive requires the opposite. I need a 5 pin power supply with the two 5v pins of the left and ground pins on the right with the 12v pin on the bottom.

Obviously Buffalo does not use a standard power adapter. The seller had several other power adapters for sale and I messaged them asking for the wire diagrams of the others but no answer.

So I could cut up the power adapter plug I bought and rewire it. But the wires are so thin and hard to work with. Do I really need to do that? Shouldn't Buffalo just tell me what power adapter I need? Or at least label their products with the power port pin configuration? I really shouldn't have to take my hard drive apart to figure that out.

DrewDigital

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 01:54:41 PM »
My brother helped me rewire the power supply and guess what, it works!! Fortunately I didn't fry my hard drive by plugging a power supply that was wired backwards.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 02:03:16 PM by DrewDigital »

DrewDigital

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 02:02:12 PM »
Now check out the video footage that was on those hard drives:

Beyond The Chair
http://btcmovie.com/