Author Topic: LS-CHL V2 - Any way to point the firmware installer to the NAS?  (Read 1295 times)

evan

• Calf
LS-CHL V2 - Any way to point the firmware installer to the NAS?
« on: January 15, 2011, 10:50:17 AM »

The LS-CHL is running firmware 1.34, so I assuming I have a V2. I am trying to get to 1.37 via the Windows installer.

Windows Home 7 is running inside of Mac OS 10.6 via Parallels. Win7 has an entirely different IP address thanks to Parallels creating a virtual network connection to share OS X's. The OS X subnet is 192.168.1.XXX while Win7's is 10.211.55.XXX. My understanding is that the installer will not see the NAS unless both share the same subnet.

Soooo, is there any way to either point the installer at the correct IP or perform some other sort of manually update of the firmware? I may be able to run the installer via Wine (on a linux netbook) but attempts in OS X with Wine have been unsuccessful.

Any help or advice appreciated.

evan

• Calf
Re: LS-CHL V2 - Any way to point the firmware installer to the NAS?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 12:21:30 PM »

I solved it, though not by pointing the installer.

I told Parallels to enable a usb wifi adapter (luckily I had one laying around the house) in Windows 7 only. Attached the adapter to my local network that shares the same subnet as the NAS and ran the installer. I guess I could have pulled the NAS over to the Mac and created an ad-hock network or something in Win7, but that might have been too simple.