Author Topic: Three little questions  (Read 4781 times)

Mastermind

• Tatanka
Three little questions
« on: December 22, 2010, 02:55:49 PM »

Hello,

Ive got a couple of little questions:

1. When I go to webaccess and watch a video trough it, after im done it says that the session expired. Is there anyway of prolonging the lengt of a session?

2. When trying to download a torrent with 184 files, only half of them shows up. I can either view the first 80 or so files by pressing "Name v" and the last 80 or so by pressing 'Name ^'. Whenever I scroll It just stops after a list of 80 files (or so). Is this a bug?

3. If I want to access my NAS control panel from outside the network, what port should I forward and connect to?

daoswald

• Buffalo
Re: Three little questions
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 08:24:50 PM »

1:  No, but that's a good question, and a good suggestion.  It would be nice if that were configurable in the web interface.

2: No idea.

3: The NAS looks to port 80 for its configuration pages.  I'm not sure it's a great idea from a security perspective, but if you were to tell your router to forward traffic to the router's IP at port 80 you would access the configuration pages.  If you do this, you might consider setting your router to forward outside port 8080 (for example), to port 80 of your NAS.  That way you would enter your url like this:  http://your.ip.address:8080

That would allow you to still use port 80 for a web-server of some sort in the future without affecting your NAS.  ...not that you have any intention of running a webserver, but it just keeps your options open.

Mastermind

• Tatanka
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 04:29:32 AM »

Is there a way to I could for example make it so that port 54 leads to the NAS'es config pages?

Also I'd really like an answer to the second question, maybe any of the mods know?

daoswald

• Buffalo
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 04:43:52 AM »

Yes, but it's all up to your router configuration, not the NAS.  Go into your router's configuration screen, find the port forwarding section, and forward port 54 to your router's IP with an internal port number of 80.

In other words:  external.ip:54 ---> internal.ip:80

Mastermind

• Tatanka
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 03:28:59 PM »

Anyone any idea about the torrent thingy?

Unhappy09

• Buffalo
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 11:15:33 AM »

Some answers:

1: If you go to your webaccess tab in the linkstation configuration tab there is a setting for how long a person using webaccess can stay on, I think its called Session Period, it might be set to a small amount of time.

2. The torrent system on the LS never worked for me, as far as only being able to view part of the file, as far as I know you usually have to wait for the file to be downloaded completely before you can view it. Is it done downloading? Could this be your problem. Remember a torrent downloads in little bits and pieces, so even a file with say 10 pictures, it will download portions of those 10 pictures at a time. Not one picture then the other and so one. So maybe you need to wait till its all done.

3. As far as the port thing, the other poster is correct. Forward what ever port you are going to use to the ip address of the LS. Its a bit more complicated than that because some ports wont open even if you forward them, also when you are accesing the LS away from home you will need to enter your WAN ip not  your local ip. So something like 24.45.789.161, not 192.168.1.xx. Hope this helps.

Mastermind

• Tatanka
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2010, 03:46:31 AM »

@ 2

The problem is that It wont list all the files in the torrent

Mastermind

• Tatanka
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 04:08:26 PM »

Still having problems with #2

Mastermind

• Tatanka
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 05:42:11 PM »

bump

Unhappy09

• Buffalo
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 11:46:16 PM »

Does it look like all the files are there? Does the utorrent web application show all the files downloaded?

Mastermind

• Tatanka
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 10:29:32 AM »

The problem is that it wont list all the files, only about 80 or so, the first 80 and the last 80 (By clicking the collums) on my PC the torrent works fine.

Unhappy09

• Buffalo
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2011, 10:43:15 AM »

Is this with all torrents? Or a specific one? So let me see if I have this right. Say you downloaded a torrent with 200 pictures, the torrent finishes and when you open it, pictures number 1-80 and say 120-200 are there, but nothing in between? Have you tried to download the torrent using a different Torrent program? Also could it be that you are being limited by the site that has the torrent. I know some sites wont give you all the torrent until your download/upload ratio gets better.

Sorry if you answered all of this already.

Mastermind

• Tatanka
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 10:27:27 AM »

As I said, in the torrent webgui it wont LIST all the files in the torrent.

I click on te collumm name, the first 80 files are shown (including a scrollbar), I click the collumm name again, the last 80 files are shown.

In the >Files<  section of a torrent.

Mastermind

• Tatanka
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 10:27:59 AM »

It works fine on my PC.

Unhappy09

• Buffalo
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 10:38:35 AM »

Sorry if I am not much help here, im just trying to see if I can help in any way. I am one of the few that it actually works for. Its about 1/2 the speed as it would be on my laptop but it still works. Have you tried to disable the torrent option and delete the folder and start over, maybe there is a bug in the setup. is the torrent 100% downloaded? If not maybe its only showing you the finished files. I dont know what program you use on your computer but the Linkstation uses utorrent. Maybe that program and the one on your computer is different, and therefore have different options?