Author Topic: Buffalo Link Station EZ  (Read 2845 times)

zdsb15

• Calf
Buffalo Link Station EZ
« on: January 14, 2009, 03:39:06 PM »

I am using the above product as a shared area for about 4 computers to access Qbooks files. Problem I have encountered is that if one terminal opens the file and made modifications to it and save and close it and another user wants to open the same file the modification just made does not show. It seems as though it save the changes for only the terminal which made it.. Its strange and i have never seen it before. I called service tech and I updated to version 2.0 but to no avail. It works fine with Excel and word but having problem with Qbooks and maybe multi-user version.. can anyone help.. I really like this product and hate to return it..

Regards,

Kobe

Matt_M

• Buffalo
Re: Buffalo Link Station EZ
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 07:05:04 PM »
It sounds like something is going on with the Qbooks software itself, the Linkstation EZ is a pretty simplistic NAS drive, it has no way within itself to prevent one use from seeing another users changes. I would recommend contacting the software vendor and see if there are any known issues with NAS drives or Samba shares.

tanjl

• El Toro
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 08:59:44 PM »

You should check the qbooks forum.

I found many answers here in regards to qbooks on my nas.

http://community.intuit.com/quickbooks 

TroyWolf

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 09:48:17 PM »

I hate to say it, but I suspect an ID10T error! Just kidding about that, but seriously, if the NAS is new and you recently made the change to point the computers to the NAS for the shared Quickbooks file, my money says the user who makes the changes and the others do not see it is not actually using the file on the NAS but rather a file in the old location--wherever that may be. Perhaps you think you changed it to look to the NAS for the file, but it really did not get changed?

Let us know!