Author Topic: WZP-HP-G300NH -- Need Firmware in English  (Read 4640 times)

JohnFirst

• Calf
WZP-HP-G300NH -- Need Firmware in English
« on: October 12, 2009, 08:12:09 AM »

Hello All,

Can someone upload/give a link to ANY version of the firmware with English interface for the subject?

Bough the subject device in Japan as I need to connect my business laptop to our firm's VPN. Still cannot get connection as I work through a local ISP and its access details to the Internet need to be wrote somewhere in the Buffalo device's settings. No luck through AirStation Setup Wizard (I downloaded it in English from the Buffalo website), it works ok via the cable but the Internet does not work via wireless (my business laptop can only establish connection out of office via wireless or dialup). Thought I need to change settings directly in the router (via 168.192.11.1) -- however, no luck as everything is in Japanese.

Would appreciate your prompt help

John

Kameran

• Big Bull
Re: WZP-HP-G300NH -- Need Firmware in English
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 11:31:55 AM »

Sorry the firmware is specific for the region it was sold in.  Please contact Japan support.  There is no fix.

JohnFirst

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 12:11:30 AM »

Kameran, All,

Can you please clarify -- if I get the English firmware for the device, would it be *technically* possible to install it on a device bought in Japan?

I do not care about warranty (I understand I would loose it by doing something not prescribed by the manufacturer), I need this device for a few weeks only. All I need is to set up it to work properly during these weeks. Japanese support is of no help here -- unfortunately, they "support Japanese OS only".

Memoryman

• El Toro
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 10:33:29 AM »

Using Firmware from a different region, may or may not Brick the unit, as units in different regions may have different controllers, even with units having the same part number.

Japan changes their controllers without informing the US.

JohnFirst

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 04:53:22 AM »

Thank you for advice, I think I can risk it. My device shows itself as WZR-HP-G300NH Ver.1.63 (R1.03/B1.05). Can you help me locate the 1.63 firmware in English, I did not find it on the Buffalo website? Best regards

zaphod777

• Tatanka
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 04:28:39 AM »

Use IE with the Google toolbar and it can automatically translate the page to English. A couple buttons don't translate but you can figure it out pretty quick. 

I have the Japanese unit and I have been able to configure everything on it. I recomend upgrading to 1.65 firmware it fixes a few major bugs. 

Although now I don't need to translate so much since I am taking Japanese classes 3 hours a day now. 

JohnFirst

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 10:59:11 PM »

zaphod777, thanks a lot. I had tried translation directly from the google site which did not capture my unit but using google toolbar it does translate 192.168.11.1.  So, I was able to change settings.

My problem was that no wireless connection was available. Having changed the radio channel from auto to 6, everything works now. This was a tip from someone on this forum to change to 6. Dont know why Buffalo makes the unit work this way only. Too much time wasted due to someone's negligence.