Author Topic: Linkstation Duo not found - LS-WXL  (Read 3883 times)

patc_wvc

• Calf
Linkstation Duo not found - LS-WXL
« on: December 03, 2012, 11:24:07 AM »

I purchased an imaging system that came with the Buffalo Linkstation Duo already configured.  It worked without a problem for the past 6 months.  It is no longer found.  The platform is running on a Windows 7 machine using a wired connected via a Cisco SE2500 switch.  There have been some power outages and after reading through the posted messages it sounds like that may have caused the problem.

The Windows network does not see the Linkstation.  The mapped drives are disconnected and not found (red X).  Initially I could not find the Linkstation using Navigator2, blank screen.  I reset the Linkstation using the button on the back of the device and I now see Linkstation using Navigator2.  However it is in EM and I get a message stating that I need to update the firmware.  Power light is steady blue.

I assume that step 1 is to install the new firmware and get out of EM.  I tried to update the firmware to the latest version, 1.63, but the updater states that the Linkstation is not responding (network firewalls are off).  When checking the properties of the Linkstation I get a message that the IP address is incorrect. DHCP is off.  After automatically correcting via the refresh option the updater starts but after a few minutes the IP changes back to a default IP address.  The updater never completes; I get the same message stating that the device is not responding.  I have manually set the IP address to the corrected address (again DHCP is off on Linkstation and on the PC network (TCP/IP protocol). It keeps resetting.

I can ususally work my way through connectivity issues on Windows though I am not an expert.  I am missing something and out of my depth.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: Linkstation Duo not found - LS-WXL
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 11:34:56 AM »

connect the LS directly to the PC, set an IP on the PC to match what the IP range of the LS is, then proceed with the update.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

patc_wvc

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 06:54:21 PM »

Thanks for your help.  I followed your advice and connected directly to the PC.  The Linkstation finished the firmware refresh and re-established a network connection without further intervention from me.  I powered down, reconnected through the switch, restarted and everything works normally.  Solved.  Thanks again.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 04:24:55 AM »

you're welcome

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

whozdatrobyn

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 02:40:52 PM »
how did you reconfigure the IP?