Author Topic: Terastation With Lion  (Read 2897 times)

Denny002

• Calf
Terastation With Lion
« on: July 29, 2011, 05:55:01 PM »

Hello 

I have a Terastation Model HD-H1.0TGL/R5.  I have not seen anything on a fix for the Lion issue with this model.   Can anyone tell me the status of a Lion fix for THIS model??

Art_Mighty

• Calf
Re: Terastation With Lion
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 06:19:07 PM »

I'm in the same boat.  this was posted in the other thread:

"Buffalo Technology?

TeraStations:

We will have a new updates starting late August, we will most likely not have beta firmware as these are Business grade units and as such their firmware gets extensive testing.

Regards,

Jay Pechek

Public Relations Manager"

... but I would like to know too

melmalinowski

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 09:12:04 PM »

Are you serious? I have data on my Terastation that I must use, and cannot access because you failed to work on this before the rollout of Lion?

This is outrageous. The details of this change have been available for months.

PRPechek

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 11:19:15 PM »

Mel,

We are working on this (and have been for months) meanwhile, I posted this in another thread:

LightKid in the other thread posted this:

http://forums.buffalotech.com/t5/Storage/Mac-OS-10-7-Lion-can-t-connect-with-LinkStation-LS-WX2-0TL-...?

It looks like a hack for Lion itself that might be able to get you up and running until Buffalo can get your product's firmware updated.

Legalish Note: as an official Buffalo representitive, I am in no way recommending this to you. I am just informing you that  this post exists. Buffalo advises users not to "hack" or modify thier operating systems in anyway even if I, personally, may have done this last night at my house (After I made a full system backup to my portable HDD) and it seemed to work perfectly.  Again Buffalo recomends that you wait.

Also there is a workarounds that will allow to access the TeraStation (Just not Time Machine support) here:

http://www.alexanderwilde.com/2011/04/os-x-lion-connection-error-with-afp-and-workaround/??

Regards,

Jay Pechek

Public Relations Manager

Buffalo Technology

Office 512.349.1333 | Mobile 512.739.7275

11100 Metric Blvd Ste. 750 | Austin, TX 78758

jayp@buffalotech.com

www.buffalotech.com

Follow us, and join the discussion!

facebook.com/buffalotech

twitter.com/buffalotech 

forums.buffalotech.com

?

Denny002

• Calf
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 07:05:05 AM »

I have tried your "work around" link below and it still does not let me connect.  I get the same pop up error.   Do I have to change a setting in my TeraServer via the web interface as well ?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 10:00:11 AM »

For anyone that is moaning about now being able to access there data you can all still use FTP!

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

Denny002

• Calf
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 10:27:33 AM »

Has any progress been made on this yet?   Still in need of HELP here with the Terastation!!!!!!!!

babuyagu

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 10:02:00 AM »

We have always recommended and used Buffalo NAS products but I'm afraid we cannot do with any period of downtime on them (and do not hack systems or use ftp), so the lateness of the fix has forced us to migrate to Apple to make sure it works with our Lion systems.  Well done for helping them on their quest for system domination, we would not normally have moved.

Our Buffalo NAS drives are bricked until this fix is available, when they will become second line backup storage.  Such a shame.

Denny002

• Calf
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 04:27:50 PM »

It is looking like I will have to swawp to some other band of back up NAS as weel as it does not appear that Buffalo is going to fix this issue soon.   

-Pepper-

• Calf
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 06:19:06 AM »

You can access your Terastation under Lion via FTP (must be activated in the Admin-Webpage) or use the free app MUCommander (http://www.mucommander.com/?). This app still allowed the access via SMB.

Hope it helps

Karin

pdasilva

• Calf
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 09:47:22 PM »

My experience is that Lion has upgraded the smb protocol stack and is using a more secure authentication procedure.  I asked Apple's fine engineers for instructions on how to deprecate Lion's smb security protocol back down to Snow Leopard's level.  They suggested using the following command that needs to be run in a terminal window everytime Lion boots:

sudo sysctl -w net.smb.fs.kern_deprecatePreXPServers=0

To restore the smb protocol stack back to Lion's original state either reboot or run in a terminal window:

sudo sysctl -w net.smb.fs.kern_deprecatePreXPServers=1

Peter