Author Topic: 2 HS-DHTGL5 : same problem...  (Read 2354 times)

huvince

• Calf
2 HS-DHTGL5 : same problem...
« on: December 08, 2010, 07:59:18 AM »

In brief,  the 4 disks are passed of full to empty on 1 millisecond.

This phenomenon happened at 2 sites distant from 20km to 2 days apart. On 2 same model of NAS.

The first is configurated in Raid5 and the second has 2 raid mirror.

Each are protect by UPS.

Is this a coincidence or is it the cause of a common phenomenon e.g. virus, voltage problem, momentary loss of internal power?

Have you an idea?

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: 2 HS-DHTGL5 : same problem...
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 08:17:09 AM »

Why have you opened a second thread for this???? This is what you said you did:

1. "After a crash with my NAS. the 4 disks are passed of full to empty on 1 millisecond and the system turn on EM." O rly and how exactly can you verify the data was gone? Because you couldnt access it? This is normal in EM mode. The data was still there

2. So I update the firmware. And in the first phase, the NAS indicated that the 4 disks are full but the error code E04 (kernel can't load) come. Oh look, the data really was still there, you even admit it yourself!!

3.  So I update a second time with the options : "force update" and "rebuild partition table". Now the data is gone, not because of any virus / voltage problem or superman. YOU deleted the data when YOU enabled these options, nothing else.

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

huvince

• Calf
Re: 2 HS-DHTGL5 : same problem...
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 02:02:15 AM »

I'm perhaps misspoke.

I open this second thread for understand the cause of the crash. This not to rescue/restore the data.

I tried to explain the phenomenon.
This occurred on 2 NAS that are a 20km (32miles, I think) one of the other and being on 2 different network. And that this phenomenon occured with 2 days of delai.
It's may be normal that a NAS turn in EM mode. But for me it's not normal. Then 2 NAS that  turn in EM mode in a very short time seems me abnormal.
I like to understand why. To that this phenomenon does not happen again. 
It's may be just a stroke of bad luck. But I don't know...

But you maybe you know. At least, I hope so

Best regards

PS: I prefer Ironman LOL