Author Topic: 3 terastations  (Read 2053 times)

gmradiator

• Calf
3 terastations
« on: June 22, 2010, 09:34:52 AM »

Hi,

We currently have a single Terastation Pro II 1TB on our domain network. We use it to hold all user's documents.

I am considering purchasing another two Terastation III's. One for Server imaging, the other will be used as a backup for the other two terastations.

I have a couple of questions before making this purchase.

1. Can a terastation pro II see a terastation III on it's terastation list, and successfully use it as a backup device.

2. Can I backup both the terastation pro II, and the terastation III to another terastation III - providing I set the backups to occur at a different time.

Thanks,

David

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
Re: 3 terastations
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 09:57:31 AM »

I'll keep my answers short.

1. Yes

2. Yes

:-)

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

gmradiator

• Calf
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 10:43:15 AM »

Thanks, just wanted confirmation. I can handle the specifics myself.

gmradiator

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 10:31:44 AM »

Hi,

I have now purchased one of the Terastation III's.

In the admin of the Tera ProII, I can see the III listed as a supported device. and in the III i can see the II listed, but neither of them seem to be available as destination backup locations for each other.

What am I missing?

Ultimately I'm going to be backing up from the II to the III, and from another III (not yet purchased) to the first III.

Help!

Thanks,

David

AngelsAbys

• El Toro
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 10:34:37 AM »

On the backup folder specifically is the "disk backup" option enabled for the folder you would like to back up to

gmradiator

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 10:49:05 AM »

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I had created a backup folder on the new TS III, and have several already created on the II.

I have just found that after going in and out of the 'terastation list' option a few times on the II, then creating a new backup job on the II that i can now see the backup folder on the III from the II.

However, I still can't see the backup folders that are created on the II from the III - is it possible to backup from the III to the II ?

David

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 10:58:14 AM »

Whats the firmware on both device?

Are they both on the same local network using the same subnet?

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

gmradiator

• Calf
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 11:02:54 AM »

The firmware on the III is 1.30, and on the II is 1.26 (i know this isn't the latest but the device is in use 24/7 so i have been unable to update the f/w yet - this is scheduled to be done once all shares are migrated to the III) - perhaps later firmware on the II will solve the problems?

both devices are on the same local network, on the same subnet, and are both domained.

Thanks,

David

Dustrega

• Big Bull
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 02:34:34 PM »

A firmware update might do the trick.  Are there any other implementations like a SonicWall or other hardware firewall?  What's the IPs on the devices as well?  Is this an Active Directory environment?