Author Topic: LS-QVL/R5  (Read 553 times)

ozanam5

• Calf
LS-QVL/R5
« on: January 30, 2022, 07:03:05 PM »
Hey,

I am looking for someone to point me in the right direction.

I have the LS-QVL with 4 x 3TB. one of the ARR's was running and downloaded a chunk of data bigger than what was left on the device. Once he NAS hit 100% it froze up and crashed, Couldn't ping / could not connect to webpage. Pressing the shutdown button the device did nothing. No choice but to kill the power on the device. Rebooted device and it is now giving an error that 3 of the 4 drives need to be replaced immediately.

The date is replaceable and not important and anything that is important is backed up 321.

So with that being the case i ignore the error reboot the device again via the webpage which cleared all the errors.

Currently the issue is after a few days of running one of the 3 drives will eventually show the error again and or eventually after a few days of running the device will freeze up again. Usually with a solid red light, which is not one of the options in the manual for error messages.

Trying to figure out if its best to just delete the error and clear all the disks and restart with the same disks or do I need to replace all the disks just or maybe the linkstation has finally given up. The issue is with the NAS freezing i don't know why it has frozen and if it's due to a disk issue or a NAS issue.

Is there anyway to check any logs on the device after a reboot?

thanks
Oz