Author Topic: 3TB Drives on a LS-WV2.0/LR1 with latest firmware (1.7)? Also general bootup Qs?  (Read 1571 times)

stefanzman

• Calf
I have Linkstation Pro Duo (LS-WV2.0/LR1) in which I stuck 2 3TB hard drives. Is this configuration possible?

Also, I am confused about ability (or lack thereof) of the unit to boot up with no drives present. I initially had stick back in the old 1TB drives just for the unit to boot and be visible on the network. I subsequently updated the firmware successfully rebooted, and all is well. But when I remove the drives, the unit will not boot. I either get a perpetual flashing blue power light or red led error code 07. From what I can find this code is not documented.

Do I need to put the 1TB back and and delete the Array? Select "Remove Drive" for both from the interface?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

stefanzman

• Calf
I did want to add that I already already done the standard Reset - hold function button down for 6 seconds while turning the unit on, then release and press function key again.

Both power and function lights flash blue for a while, then I get the red blinking E07.

Stefan

Texturtle

• Administrator
  • RAID is NOT a substitute for a good backup
The OS for the unit is stored on the internal drives. I'm not sure if 3TB drives will work in this unit or not, it has not been tested in our lab.

In order to change the drives, put the original drives back in and boot the unit. Delete any RAID arrays on the unit. Shut it down and replace one drive, then boot it back up.

If the unit will let you format the new drive it should work. Just format the new drive (this will store a copy of the OS on the new drive) and shut the unit back down and replace the other drive.

After booting, format the second new drive. If it works you should be able to create a new RAID 1 and begin using the device. If not, you may have to look at using 2TB drives instead.