Author Topic: 3tb Drivestation making whirring noise then loud clicking noise. Cannot Access any files stored  (Read 1689 times)

ThatsSoKraven

• Calf

I Recently bought a brand new Buffalo 3TB Drivestation. last night it worked perfectly as i had finished transfering data from my old external harddrive to the new one but now I cannot access any of the data on the Drivestation. The power light lights up when i plug the usb into the computer but the drive is not found. 

The drive station is under warrenty im just wondering if there is any way of getting the data off the new external as there are files on it that i don't have back ups of.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP

Have you even bothered to try a different PC?!

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

ThatsSoKraven

• Calf

Yes i have  and i still couldnt access the files thats why im posting here as im assuming its an issue with the hard drive as since it started making these noises i've been unable to access any files stored on it.

davo

• Really Big Bull
  • VIP

if there is a noise coming from the HDD itself then you will need to contact a third party data recovery company (assuming you don't have a backup)

PM me for TFTP / Boot Images / Recovery files  LSRecovery.exe file.
Having network issues? Drop me an email: info@interwebnetworks.com and we will get it fixed!

ThatsSoKraven

• Calf

So nothing i can do on my end? Bugger.