Author Topic: Version 1.31-11.42 , seen nice speed increases!  (Read 1921 times)

Mathiau

• Calf
Version 1.31-11.42 , seen nice speed increases!
« on: June 07, 2014, 08:34:25 PM »
Hello everyone,

Ever since i had my LS421DE i have not been overly pleased, with the problems with having to do an ini hack just to get it to work out of the box, to problems getting it to format drives after following numerous guides i was already to give up on this device as consumers should not have to be the beta testers of a product you paid for, then came the speed, the claimed 80MB/s were no where to be found, not a single review site ever showed these speeds, and even with my own testing using Corsair 120G SSD drives i only ever saw about 62MB/s max and that was rare.

Well, i decided to try out the new beta version, Version 1.31-11.42.

I must say, they have done something!

With my 2 new WD 3T drives, as single drives (no raid no JBOD), i have multiple times reached over the 80MB/s speed and even peaked at 102MB/s yesterday for a short while as i moved all of my media files to one of the hosted disks.

This has given me some hope with this device and this new firmware version, even though i have some issues (2 reported in the bug thread) Lets hope things can only get better.

[EDIT]

Here is a test from 1 drive to my Crucial 240G SSD in my laptop across wired Gigabyte network

« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 08:40:49 PM by Mathiau »