Author Topic: Linkstation Mini 1 TB issues  (Read 3094 times)

bendertheking

• Calf
Linkstation Mini 1 TB issues
« on: March 15, 2009, 06:49:07 AM »

Hi everyone I bought a couple of weeks ago this NAS and I can say Im very happy.

I have tough 2 basic problems :

1 . I enabled the web access (great feature!) and it works great inside my network. I connect from a mac(leopard) from a pc(xp) and from iphone.

The problems comes when I try to connect from outside my network as I still can connect from MACs PCs(XP,Vista) but NOT from my iphone (wifi or 3G) . What happend is "connection interrupted as the server stop responding". I mean it works from inside network so I cant figure out wheres the problem.

2.  I can see in iTunes all my files I can browse everything but as soon as I try to play an audio file , the track stay on 0.00 and if I change track I can see the "!" symbol ,like basically iTunes cannot find the path of the file.

By the way I hope that the company still works on firmware update as the NAS is fantastic ( NO noise ,reliable, low heating, awesome WEB ACCESS)and with more feature would be a killer device!

Im on firmware 1.06 and I live in Europe. I use as gateway a Time Capsule 500GB(the Nas is attached right there)

Thank you in advance for your help and I hope to solve these issues as after I would like to start using the ftp server feature ,but that is another story...

Have a good day

bendertheking

• Calf
Re: Linkstation Mini 1 TB issues
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 02:58:29 PM »

Hi stil have the web access problem, still have the itunes problem, I saw on another post that for itunes I have to restore to factory the NAS to make it works, but is it possible just reset keeping pushed the function button?

Anyway is the 1.06 the latest firmware for the Linkstation mini?? In the website is shown 1.05 but I saw things about a 1.07 and 1.08 , which I downloaded from a post here in the forum . Is it cool for Mini?

Please do not reply al together otherwise I got confused :-) :-)

Telling the truth seems that the buffalo products are great and the customer service not really...

Thanks

Jason

• El Toro
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 03:10:58 PM »

It seems that the Itunes server is discoverable. Try resetting and reconfiguring your device, media server included.

As for your other question, the current US FW is in fact 1.06, this may not be the case in Europe though. 

You will need to apply the firmware for your region. For example, you wouldn't want to use US firmware for a Japanese device etc, this is not recommended and will void your warranty. 

bendertheking

• Calf
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 03:17:04 PM »

Ah ok Im sorry I didnt know that I hd basically the wrong firmware(1.06) so Im gonna try to put back the 1.05 that I understand is the latest european firmware for the Mini.

Is it ok to reset the NAS by clicking the function button or I have to restore to factory setting from the web control panel?

Now I have to say thanks for the really quickly reply.

Jason

• El Toro
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 03:21:07 PM »
You'd want to reset from the web interface, this is the advisable way to do it.

bendertheking

• Calf
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 04:23:27 PM »
   Thank you. Im gonna perform the advice